Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Mandrake 9.2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mandrake 9.2

Associate

Mandrake 9.2

Is it true that Mandrake 9.2 (Final) is available by Bit Torrent?

Re:Mandrake 9.2

I just got my memberclub mail and yes they plan to release very soon.. you can just point urpmi to cooker to get it, no reason to grab isos and shit..

Associate

Where is the "cooker"?

Type the following as root:

urpmi.addmedia plf ftp://plf.time4t.net/pub/plf/cooker with hdlist.cz
    urpmi.addmedia main

ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distrib.../Mandrake/RPMS with ../base/hdlist.cz

urpmi.addmedia contrib ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distrib...l/contrib/i586 with ../../cooker/i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz

and urpmi.update should take care of it for you:

http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/index.php here's the site I used to generate those mirror lines.

enjoy

oh and the Cooker is the experimental branch so once 9.2 drops I would set the mirror list to point at 9.2 stable instead.

*note I don't use Mandrake but that should work*

Associate

Thanks for the information ! ;D

Other interested parties might be interested in TuxReports' exlusive preview screenshot gallery of this fine release.

clicky clicky

The much awaited Mandrake Linux 9.2 has been released: "Mandrake 9.2 is now available (press release here)! Celebrate this five-star new release with us: discover all its features and all new Packs, including the very new "Discovery" office/multimedia desktop pack. Mandrake Club Members and all 9.2 contributors (developers, translators...) can download Mandrake 9.2 ISOs at MandrakeClub with the BitTorrent technology. Additionally, Mandrake Club Silver Members and above can even download the first three ISO images from the PowerPack! If you aren't a Club Member yet, either you can subscribe right now, or download Mandrake 9.2 from the raw tree, or wait the public release of Mandrake 9.2 ISO images, by the end of October, when all packs will be available in retail. Last but not least you can pre-order your pack or your DVD now at MandrakeStore.com to be among the first to receive it when it begins shipping." The announcement says it all and we have nothing more to add except "have fun"!
    Shotty, I suggest updating your copy!

Edit: http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/9.2/features/

Looks prettttttttttty nice, can't wait to download and try it out

Good Guru

I catually try to keep up with distros.

SuSE was last tried with 8.0 (pro)
    Mandrake 9.0 (download)
    LindowsOS 2.0 (borrowed from a legit purchaser).

Sofar, I have high hopes for Fedora Core. But the previous 3 are great too. I am currently leaning towards LindowsOS. Until you try it, you cant bash it. Click and run is well worth the money for tech-illiterates, and really snappy for lazy fucks like me. But MDK still is free to D/L so I will probably try it out. I am saving for DSL and the Lindows mega pack that has all of the shit that comes with it. Not cheap ($250 ?? Somewhere around there for 20 Cds of shit), but for the money I get all the perks of MS, and all the perks of Linux, and none of the drawbacks of either.

BTW -- I think its time to roll my own distro ; Master copy, how does Clonex sound ? ;D

Just a couple of weeks into a new release, Mandrake Linux 9.2 users have encountered all sorts of problems. First, it was the problem of the missing kernel-source from the original ISO's as reported on the Mandrake Club site, then it was a slew of a major bugfix set of patches, including fixes to KDE and the kernel, and now reports are surfacing on Cooker (and which has been confirmed on Mandrake's site that Mandrake Linux 9.2 is killing some cdroms made by LG Electronics.
    http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/errata.php3

*doh*