Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do i mount a Windows partition under RHL??

Re:How do i mount a Windows partition under RHL??

Holy shit Aiko. I was reading one of the posts that the member made to you and you was Lovechild. I didn't know that. I only wanted you too help me not make fun of me and not be negative to me. I need to ask you a question. Out of everything i said to you in IM and on other posts. Will you just forgive me and i forgive you and that would be it?? Please reply back. Oh i'm sorry about the IM. Thanks.

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=2;threadid=7915;start=0#msg72312 date=1065740464]
    ok this is exactly what i did and i tied. I put a floppy in my drive and right click on the desktop and click disks. It really didn't matter wether it was a good floppy or because it did not work. Well i went to the home folder and clicked on /etc and then i clicked on fstab. I copied it and open up a text editor and then past. I clicked on the floppy on top of the editor where it says save. I went to /mnt and floppy. I named the file that i want to save and then i clicked save but it did not save the fstab file for me.
    [/quote]
    Why do you need to copy your fstab to a floppy?

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=2;threadid=7915;start=#msg72306 date=1065733798]
    I read through it and i don't understand it. I seriously don't think my Windows is under /dev/hda1.
    [/quote]
    Hi Derek,

Why don't you post what parts you don't understand, and we can help it from there?

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=mojo jojo link=board=2;threadid=7915;start=0#msg72311 date=1065737395]
    dsantamassino
    Now you really got me lost. I don't even know where my Windows is.
    Here it is ;D
    http://www.neystadt.org/john/album/y...hut-window.jpg

[/quote]

hahaha...good one.

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=2;threadid=7915;start=0#msg72314 date=1065742205]
    Holy shit Aiko. I was reading one of the posts that the member made to you and you was Lovechild. I didn't know that. I only wanted you too help me not make fun of me and not be negative to me. I need to ask you a question. Out of everything i said to you in IM and on other posts. Will you just forgive me and i forgive you and that would be it?? Please reply back. Oh i'm sorry about the IM. Thanks.
    [/quote]

Consider your post replied to... I'm still pissed off by your behavior so untill you show some improvement no.

Good Guru

[quote author=Master Copy link=board=2;threadid=7915;start=0#msg72313 date=1065742064]
    As for reading files off WinXP from Linux, you might as well not even waste your time.
    [/quote]

Greetings GreaterOne. Not quite true. I have been assisting him over AIM, and for a fact he (was/is) using FAT32. I told him to use that, add a line to his fstab (once he got to that point) and then he can go that route to transfer files. Instead of burning CDs, you can drag it over.

(To all, not just the AlmightierOne)

I am definitely seeing this being a case of 10 different stories on how to do something from 10 different people. Each time I help him, I have to UnTeach him shit, wasting both of our time, then getting to business. Since we for the most part know what distro he is using (I recall him returning to Red Hat), lets stick to referencing the ways that Red Hat reccomends, so we can hyperlink documentation links and stay more consistent. The guy is not a computer expert, and thus is not going to get alot of the shit we spew and comprehend like its second nature (and for the most part is for us).

I honestly can say his modem & sound threads confused me after a while. There is beautiful docs over at Red Hat's Documentation Section. Download and read them ...all.

Some shit wont be needed, so skip over it. I realize that you could give a rats ass on how to setup a cluster, Apache server, or NIS domain; but there are other goodies in that book.

Schotty,

Besides the tech documents at Red Hat, we have very good documentation here, written in such a way as to make it easy to understand.

However, in order for someone to take advantage of those, they actually have to try. All the times we have suggested using them, they have been ignored.

I understand that they might seem criptyc, but that is the moment when you ask questions ("What does so and so mean?&quot

I helped Derek for a month, to get his modem to work. I even installed Red Hat on my machine to see what could be the problem.

He started jumping from distro to distro, even though we advised him not to. He asked me on PM"s on how to get his modem to work on Red Hat 9. I went, once more, on how to do it, and even looked for an rpm for it for him.

But he does not want to do any leg work.

That said, I reiterate what I said previously.

I do not mind helping him; not at all. However, why do I have to repeat myself over and over when there is a 100+ post thread on how to do it?

His problem is his attitude. "Allright, I got this solved, I'm going to post another thread for this next thing..." instead of "Allright, I got this to work. Let me try to get this to work, and if not, I will try to get help..."

Derek needs to change his behavior

I don't believe any of us here have given downright bad advice.

He gives out very little information about his system and how it's configured, yet expects us to magically know how to make it work just the way he wants - not going to happen, sorry....

Futhermore he PMs several members here with tech support questions without even being polite about it.

His system is never consistent - he changes distros more often than I do for crying out loud. (quite an accomplisment in itself btw.)

Derek I would advice you to go to a LUG meeting or two, and ask one of the geeky looking guys there POLITELY to help you install and configure Linux. Most of those friendly guru types have a skill called "Coke + Fast food => Linux" (might vary from person to person though) - which if mastered can make your learning Linux a whole lot easier. Besides LUGs are great fun, lots of friendly people - have a beer and pizza, talk some Linux and various other kinds of geek trash.

I for one have had it with these endless "problem 1, problem 2, problem3" threads only to get "You guys don't like me" threads and PMs out of it... In the real world your mother ain't there to hold your hand every step of the way, god forbid you might actually learn something...

> > > > > > > >

I'm surprised he hasnt given up on linux like some people might have but so far we are the only forum that hasnt kicked or banned him.

What is clovem's IM name?? I need and have too talk to him right a way about this forum. I tried clovem in the username but he could not be message. You know the site administrator?? No i rather not talk to him in a post in the member to member forum. I feel more relax in IM so no one could get involved. Thanks if anyone has the IM.