Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Online Banking
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Banking

Hybrid View

Online Banking

My Bank: Fifth Third

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=www.53.com

should i be concerned?

Re:Online Banking

Yes you should. There is no promise their systems are patched ASAP especially when using Windows NT4 ... a discontinued OS.

[quote author=burntash link=board=5;threadid=7885;start=0#msg72018 date=1065399764]
    My Bank: Fifth Third

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=www.53.com

should i be concerned?
    [/quote]

I would be, and I'd move any accounts I had as far away from them as possible - and let them know why (perhaps along with a letter to the editor of your local paper). With all the recent exploits due to worms and such, it's indefensable for a bank to be using a system like this. Unfortunately, many do regardless.

Unless you live in California, your financial institution has no requirement to tell you if their systems have been compromised.

ya i wish i knew what to do, i buy a lot of stuff online and check into my account almost daily. i could always hope and pray that nothing happens to my bank account but who knows what could happen

Interesting site I like my bank Royal Bank ;D I wondering how much there paying to run those ???

Good Guru

[quote author=robochan link=board=5;threadid=7885;start=0#msg72074 date=1065458973]

Unless you live in California, your financial institution has no requirement to tell you if their systems have been compromised.

[/quote]

Do you? I would really like to know if USBank got bitten. They run Win2K from what I see.

Slashdot had a deal on it back in June...
    http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?s...158&tid=99

[quote author=burntash link=board=5;threadid=7885;start=0#msg72083 date=1065469779]
    ya i wish i knew what to do, i buy a lot of stuff online and check into my account almost daily. i could always hope and pray that nothing happens to my bank account but who knows what could happen
    [/quote]

There are a lot of other banks who don't use Windows who have online banking. Do some research on the banks in your area using netcraft and then check up on their offerings.

just because the website is run on a windows server doesn't mean the online banking server is. i know of at least one bank that employs a third-party company to run their e-banking services.

I would really like to know if USBank got bitten.
    I hops so. Maybe then they'll stop asking for house payments. ;D