Thread: Slackware Kernel + Secuirty

Slackware Kernel + Secuirty

Hey all,

I was bored today so I released a patched version of Slackwares kernel with rsbac, the preemptive patch, and stack protection and have it released at http://darkfire.sf.net.

Since it uses rsbac you must also install the administration tools as well and add a new user, but it allows you to control your system with a fine tuned comb.

If you get bored, give it a shot.

Kind Mastermind

Re:Slackware Kernel + Secuirty

I just d/l'd the files. I'll install a second Slackware install on my third hdd and play with it. Any words of advice prior to playing with it?

Cheers

You think you was bored when you got that idea - then check this out:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=88999

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=7;threadid=7878;start=0#msg71939 date=1065336583]
    I just d/l'd the files. I'll install a second Slackware install on my third hdd and play with it. Any words of advice prior to playing with it?

Cheers
    [/quote]

Leave your current kernel there incase of booting problems and check out http://www.rsbac.org for documentation on how to use the administration tools.

There is also an extreamly quick instruction set when installing the kernel that is placed in the /root/ folder.

I'm going to try that later this week.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Ashcrow link=board=7;threadid=7878;start=0#msg71954 date=1065370772]
    [quote author=stryder144 link=board=7;threadid=7878;start=0#msg71939 date=1065336583]

Cheers
    [/quote]

Leave your current kernel there incase of booting problems and check out http://www.rsbac.org for documentation on how to use the administration tools.

There is also an extreamly quick instruction set when installing the kernel that is placed in the /root/ folder.
    [/quote]

I will read the rsbac site first, then install to a non-"production" version of Slack to my other hdd. Just in case I b0rk something royal, I'll still have a working Linux install.

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=7;threadid=7878;start=0#msg71965 date=1065375154]
    I will read the rsbac site first, then install to a non-"production" version of Slack to my other hdd. Just in case I b0rk something royal, I'll still have a working Linux install.
    [/quote]

You will notice on first boot that it will complain about some settings, but that is normal since there are no settings by default. Have fun and send any bugs you encounter to me :-).

Also, any requests for inclusion of patches as well and I will look into it.