Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Schotty! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Schotty!

Re:Schotty!

WEll, I gotta say, Fedora Core rocks! Now to put some testing into it. ;D

Good Guru

Any LAN issues? My PC needs to be turned into a DEC, I swear....

That and the damn kernel not being compiled with the same GCC are the only issues that I can honestly say bugged me.

ONly real issues I had, dealt with that mess they now call RPM. What the hell did QA do!?!?! Beer is good, but getting fucking trashed and thinking it's cool to change RPM to do absolutely nothing pretty much says there's an AA meeting in order.

But no really. WTF!?!! Package Management has turned into Package Development. On Severn if I forgot to install something during initial install, I had to manually install. No problem. Rather not use the package installer.

# rpm -ivh someshit.rpm

error: someshit.rpm depends on bullshit and shittopissyouoff

# rpm -qa | grep bull
    bullshit-1.0.2
    # rpm -qa | grep shit
    shittopissyouoff-3.2.2
    #

That's when I decided if I go to another RH conference I'm taking a baseball bat with rusty nails in the head. It's bad when it makes RH9 look good. Where is RH going besides down? :-\

Good Guru

hmm. Fedora works pretty well ... sofar.

I have yet to have any major shit. But I have been getting more and more used to RPM just not displaying shit right (errors and all ...)

Well, I just might try the Release, but I'm still hearning such problems from others. Might give the current devel a try.

So is there anything that can be done to fix/work around the rpm debacle?

Good Guru

[quote author=Izan Seth link=board=21;threadid=7875;start=0#msg73991 date=1069028738]
    So is there anything that can be done to fix/work around the rpm debacle?
    [/quote]

Apparently they got that one fixed. I have been adding MP3 support, apt4rpm, and all my custom shit, and no issues yet (knock on wood). But I was right however on the dialup thing. Sorta. Here is my findings :

If you go into neat (the one that needs root access), you can start but not kill the network connections. If you go into the network device control, you can. Go figure.

So those problems were in an earlier release? I must say, I got it installed and I am loving it so far!!! Very nice looking.

Good Guru

I am currently diving into the release notes, and damn, there is alot of shit I didnt know about. Like there is now a place to add apt and yum repositories to use instead of up2date. Makes life easier ;D

Where can one get Couter Strike?