Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Samba Linux to windows printer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samba Linux to windows printer

Samba Linux to windows printer

Hi guys i'm soo confused about networking I dont understand Samaba or NFS all I want to do is to access a windows(2k pro) and be able to send files and use the printer. I have looked around but it doesnt make any sense to me.

TIA
    Micahel and i'm using a linksys router.

Re:Samba Linux to windows printer

hello,
    redhat 9 - right ? i know i went to the redhat printer config tool, select smb printer and added the ms windows printer name, i do remember i needed the correct notation, i.e. \\shittymscomptermywifeusedandihated\printername - i also needed to enter the username and password. that was redhat 7.2 i think, but i should be the same now.

Hey I cannot see the printer. I think I have to setup both computers but i'm confused on how to do it. I

[quote author=mojo jojo link=board=4;threadid=7866;start=0#msg71851 date=1065207788]
    Hey I cannot see the printer. I think I have to setup both computers but i'm confused on how to do it. I
    [/quote]
    Did you remember to share the printer on your Win2k box?

1) Share the printer in Windows
    2) install LinNeighborhood

ok i'm confused I cant print using OOo LinNeighborhood notices the printer. but what the hell is this (from the link coral sea gave) smb://fred:mypass@rice/inkjet I have no clue what it would be for me.

[quote author=mojo jojo link=board=4;threadid=7866;start=0#msg72038 date=1065407836]
    ok i'm confused I cant print using OOo LinNeighborhood notices the printer. but what the hell is this (from the link coral sea gave) smb://fred:mypass@rice/inkjet I have no clue what it would be for me.
    [/quote]
    1. Substitute your user logon name on the Windows box for "fred."
    2. Substitute your password on the Windows box for "mypass."
    3. Substitute the name that you assigned to your Windows box for "rice."
    4. Substitute the share name that you assigned to your printer under Windows for "inkjet."

ok this is wat I did and I keep getting an error. The windows box doesnt have a password.

/usr/sbin/lpadmin -p NetPrinter -v smb://Administrator:@JAMES -P /root/hpdeskje.ppd
    lpadmin: Unable to connect to server: Connection refused

File and print sharing is enabled on the windows box.

not I get this

/usr/sbin/lpadmin -p NetPrinter -v smb://Administrator:@JAMES -P /root/hpdeskj.ppd
    lpadmin: add-printer (set model) failed: client-error-not-found