Thread: How do I remove my IP adress?

How do I remove my IP adress?

I have readed that my compyuter shows something that is called IP adress and taht it is dangerous that it shows because someone could harm my computer that way? I would like to ask thta how od I remove this IP address from mty computer? wh does a computer have it fif it is dangerous to my computer? Where can I remove it? Is there a pogram with some I can remove it?

Thank you to a lot of your response's and pelase do not be bothered by me pecause I know my engligh isnt veyr good and i am really a beginner with linux and computer's. Thaks you.

Re:How do I remove my IP adress?

You need an ip address to connect to the internet. An IP address is the equivalent of a telefone number. It allows communication with the outside world.

If you remove your ip address (given to you by your internet provider), you will no longer be able to connect to the internet or other computers.

Having an ip address is not dangerous on itself. However, it is true that, by being connected to the internet, your computer (and your ip address) is visible to others. If someone wants to mess with your computer, that person might try to hack your computer by connecting to it by means of your ip address. Another analogy that works would be a road. It allows you to go places, but by the same token, bad people can use it to get to you and cause you harm.

You can set up a firewall, though. That gives you better protection. What it does is, basically, disallow connections to your computer that you don't specify as safe.

TCP/IP basics:

http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/tcpip.htm

Firewall Basics:

http://www.clavister.com/manuals/ver...all_basics.htm