Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

BeOS Max Edition vol. 3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BeOS Max Edition vol. 3

BeOS Max Edition vol. 3

As most of you already know, BeOS Max Edition vol. 3, is out. I have just sacrificed a FreeBSD partition on my other box to install it and see if the DLink NIC will work. I hope it does as it will take a while to reinstall (and configure) FBSD on that comp.

Re:BeOS Max Edition vol. 3

Well. I got things installed and after adding the required drivers the comp recognizes my NIC. Unfortunately still to connectivity. I tried pinging my gateway and no dice. It was late and I was tired so not much troubleshooting took place. BeOS . . . perhaps someday :-[

Man, I liked BeOS. I want it back. :'(

Good Guru

I never got a chance to play with it.

Kinda think I should.

[quote author=Slave Copy link=board=10;threadid=7850;start=0#msg72630 date=1066175968]
    I never got a chance to play with it.

Kinda think I should.
    [/quote]

It was very promising- kinda like having a classic Mac with a Unix heart on a PC.

Yeah, I liked BeOS. It was very reposonsive and simple to use. It's what Mac OS would be if they didn't jump to OS X.

I'm just wondering what made BeOS so good ??? If it was soo good why did it "disappear" ???

Looks like Yellow Tab Zeta RC1 is starting to look very promising.

[quote author=The Great Mojo Jojo link=board=10;threadid=7850;start=0#msg75669 date=1072076013]
    I'm just wondering what made BeOS so good ??? If it was soo good why did it "disappear" ???
    [/quote]

Microsoft...

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=The Great Mojo Jojo link=board=10;threadid=7850;start=0#msg75669 date=1072076013]
    [/quote]

Besides our favorite evil empire, the focus of BeOS seems to have put people off. It was marketed to those who were interested in digital art (music and graphics). When BeOS was in its heyday Windows 95/98 was being marketed quite heavily. That tended to wash out all other OSes (this led to an even more rapid decline in Mac sales as well).

I have used BeOS a little bit. It was quite nice. Too bad it went the way of OS/2. Such a shame.

Cheers