Thread: What does this mean??

What does this mean??

I went to RH button-->Extras-->Preferences--> Desktop Switching Tool and then i clicked on KDE and i get the following message.

Your desktop configuration has successfully been updated, but you must restart the X Window System for the chages to take affect.

What does that mean and how do i restart X every time i want to change it?? Please reply back. Thanks guys.

Re:What does this mean??

Ctrl + Alt + Backspace will restart X from login screen.

Kernel_Killer. I thought that RH button was suppose to change to KDE. Am i right?? Well if i am right. It did not change. Please reply back. Thanks.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=6;threadid=7847;start=0#msg71699 date=1064878168]
    Kernel_Killer. I thought that RH button was suppose to change to KDE. Am i right?? Well if i am right. It did not change. Please reply back. Thanks.
    [/quote]

Derek,

That just changes your desktop environment. It requires you to log off then back on simply because it isn't a simple theme switch. Several services need to be started by kde that can't be done without you logging off. Just log off and then back on again...two or three minutes, tops.

Cheers

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=6;threadid=7847;start=0#msg71699 date=1064878168]
    [/quote]
    The Red Hat button won't change. Red Hat mae a hack to create a consistent look on all windows managers. Even though you'd be using KDE, you would not see the regular K on the menu, just the Red Fedora.

Good Guru

[quote author=trickster link=board=6;threadid=7847;start=0#msg71707 date=1064887312]
    [/quote]
    The Red Hat button won't change. Red Hat mae a hack to create a consistent look on all windows managers. Even though you'd be using KDE, you would not see the regular K on the menu, just the Red Fedora.
    [/quote]

Wrong, just change from the bluecurve theme.