Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Yo Schotty
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yo Schotty

Yo Schotty

Hey Schotty,

Man, Where do you come online?? Anywhere here, AIM, ICQ. Whereever. I been waiting for you to help me in Redhat 8. I tried to message you in AIM but your offline. I just sent you an e-mail. Are you going to help me or what?? Hey, e-mail me, message, or IM me. If you have to you could do all of them. How often do you come online?? Later man.

Re:Yo Schotty

dsantamassino:
    I am sure that unemploeyed as he is, he does have a life other than ljr.

I didn't say that he doesn't have a life. I never said that.

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=21;threadid=7835;start=0#msg71609 date=1064781217]
    Hey Schotty,

Man, Where do you come online?? Anywhere here, AIM, ICQ. Whereever. I been waiting for you to help me in Redhat 8. I tried to message you in AIM but your offline. I just sent you an e-mail. Are you going to help me or what?? Hey, e-mail me, message, or IM me. If you have to you could do all of them. How often do you come online?? Later man.
    [/quote]

Hi Derek,

I don't want to get on your case. However, this kind of comment gives out 2 impressions:

1. That you are demanding for him to come help you
    2. That he is obligated to come and help you.

I assume that you don't intend to imply either of them.

However, is the impression you are given. And it doesn't look good. (Actually most people dislike demands.)

Again, I don't intend to get on your case or anything. I am just suggesting you should phrase a bit better your post, and also, be a bit more patient.

I am sure that, if Schotty had time the time, and wanted to help, he'd be here helping you. Now, since he helped you before, I'm assuming he probably wants to help you. So that leaves lack of time.

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=21;threadid=7835;start=0#msg71611 date=1064782793]
    I didn't say that he doesn't have a life. I never said that.
    [/quote]
    I know that you didn't say that but like trickerster said you are demanding. I would understand if you were paying Schotty but you are not.

Good Guru

Hey, I was lan partying, drinks bet... Well, since you are new, I will let you know:

Schotty is the resident still reliving his college days drunk.

Anyway, although I am not offended, the tone was there. Like I mentioned in the PM, just dont demand anything and the help will flow. Its kinda the percieved arrogance thingie.

Thanks Trick, Gabe.

Anyway in my absense, I did managed to get Severn installed ... THIS IS FUCKING HEAVEN MAN!! Fast install, lotsa sweet shit (GTK2.4) nice revisions to stuff like XCDRoast... Needless to say I am just living a joyous day.... hungover bad and running Fedora Core !! Like a few months ago, but instead then I was running RHL 9 ;D

Hey Schotty. I just started to download Severn with a download manager and it was taking me forever. How often do you go on AIM?? Please reply back. Thanks.

GTK+-2.4 - that's not even released yet, CVS HEAD is still 2.3 development... trust me gtk+2.4 is not included, the closest you can get is a CVS snapshot which at the present time would be a very bad idea (I run CVS GNOME, gtk+ and glib).. the drawbacks would FAR outweight the benefits of doing that in stability alone.

GTK+-2.4 will be a bit delayed in comparion to the release schedule though, there were some screw ups internally on the gtk+ team with regards to planning.

Now had you said GNOME 2.4 I would have believed you

Good Guru

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=21;threadid=7835;start=0#msg71909 date=1065306882]
    Hey Schotty. I just started to download Severn with a download manager and it was taking me forever. How often do you go on AIM?? Please reply back. Thanks.
    [/quote]

Not often anymore. I usually get on, do my shit, then get off. IM me here and I will be able to schedule shit.

Good Guru

[quote author=Aiko link=board=21;threadid=7835;start=0#msg71910 date=1065307167]
    GTK+-2.4 - that's not even released yet, CVS HEAD is still 2.3 development... trust me gtk+2.4 is not included, the closest you can get is a CVS snapshot which at the present time would be a very bad idea (I run CVS GNOME, gtk+ and glib).. the drawbacks would FAR outweight the benefits of doing that in stability alone.

[/quote]

gtk2-2.2.4-3.1.i386.rpm is included. I stand corrected. I didnt know they had a split like this ever. Oh well, I never develop stuff anymore so ...