Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Whats Your job?

Re:Whats Your job?

I just found out that my company is gonna send me and a couple of other peeps here to a one week Cisco course. Better than nothing, but no certs at end. :P

10ded

[quote author=Schotty link=board=17;threadid=7817;start=0#msg71656 date=1064806148]
    Any PDA reccomendations ? I am in the market for one, as may be a friend. I would like a programmable external port, incase I need to interface. I will be doing soon wireless DSL. I would love to be able to hook one up to the line to test signal quality (there is a win32 app that does that now).
    [/quote]
    You really need a PDA to keep that busy schedule of yours in? :P

Good Guru

[quote author=Ashcrow link=board=17;threadid=7817;start=0#msg71660 date=1064811402]
    [quote author=Schotty link=board=17;threadid=7817;start=0#msg71656 date=1064806148]
    Any PDA reccomendations ?
    [/quote]

The highend IPAQ's are great as well as the Zaurus.

[/quote]

The Zaurus looks sweet.

Producing TV commercials

Every couch potato with a remote in his left and a beer in his right hand wants me fired. ;D
    Sorry people but I produce TV commercials.
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

Good Guru

[quote author=pwrhouse link=board=17;threadid=7817;start=30#msg71722 date=1064935542]
    Any PDA reccomendations ? I am in the market for one, as may be a friend. I would like a programmable external port, incase I need to interface. I will be doing soon wireless DSL. I would love to be able to hook one up to the line to test signal quality (there is a win32 app that does that now).
    [/quote]
    You really need a PDA to keep that busy schedule of yours in? :P
    [/quote]

Sorry I didnt actually read this sooner ;D

No, I will be busier than snot in a few months. This new Wireless DSL that is going on just south of Milwaukee is going to keep me busy (and hopefully while being insured .. ). Basically yours truly will be the installer. I climb on roof (if beyond 2 miles or whatever the range was, then its an indoor antenna) and mount antenna, drop the cable into the house somehow (thru chimney, down side into basement ... whatever). Now, to make life easier, a laptop will be issued to calibrate the alignment (kind alike when hooking up DSS sat dishes). I would prefer a PDA. Laptops, are big, heavy, and expensive. Drop one of them at 3.5 stories and see how long it lasts. And I dont have the resources like SBC. They issue military grade shockproof 10K laptops to their HiCap guys in milwaukee. They are big, ribberized, and yellow.

Field Engineer for Lockheed Martin. I work on HP crap for the Navy on the new DDG's being built.

Customer Care Rep - Cingular Wireless :-\

[quote author=trickster link=board=17;threadid=7817;start=0#msg71492 date=1064675000]

And I have a beautiful Wisconsinite girlfiend.

(Hides from the flames)
    [/quote]

*Wonders what flames Trickster is hiding from*

I'm a full time college student. Soooo much better than full time high school I tell you! yahness!

My major is currently American Sign Language Interpreting and Transilteration. To which I will get an Associates degree in and a license (hopefully shortly there after) to interpret and make money while paying for my studies in Deaf Culture and Psychology.

Uhm... soon to begin training as a part time waitress. yah!

[quote author=10Dedfish link=board=17;threadid=7817;start=30#msg71718 date=1064916259]
    I just found out that my company is gonna send me and a couple of other peeps here to a one week Cisco course. Better than nothing, but no certs at end. :P

10ded
    [/quote]

I found out that I have 2 fiber courses that are gonna follow on shortly thereafter as well. They are still working on setting up the linux course. And all out of company overhead.
    ;D

10ded

I hate you. Just thought you should know. :P