you can use any DE/WM of your choice. What didnt you understand in my post I tried to keep it as simple as possible so you can understand. so I will try again.
1. go to these sites and download these three files
2. go into you console/terminal (cli) and type in "su" (switch user) and enter the folder to where the saved rpms are.
1a) type in "rpm -Uvh gtk2*.rpm " so GTK will ge upgraded to the latest version, once that is done delete it using "rm -f gtk2*.rpm"
2b) install the next file using "rpm -ivh gtk-xfce*.rpm " just like in step 1a.
3c) extract the other file containg the rest of the rpms, to extrct use the following commands "bunzip2 -d xfce*.tar.bz2" once done type in "tar -xvf xfce*.tar" and to delete it type "rm *.tar"
3) go into the folder that you just extracted using the "cd" command. once in the last folder type in "ls" to see all the rpms.
4) type in "rpm -ivh *.rpm" once that is done xfce4 is installed
to delete the directory use the "cd -" command twice (2) and once you see the directory type in "rm -rf xfce*"
5) logout and select your new sesson which would be "xfce4"
if you still have problelms tell what they are!! so we can help