Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

vsftpd connection refused!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vsftpd connection refused!!

Re:vsftpd connection refused!!

[quote author=boblucci]

check to see if you have this file: /etc/xinetd.d/vsftpd
    make sure it is disable = no , if it is set to disable = yes
    vsftpd is running but it wont show up in the processes list ( ps -ax )
    mabe thats why you get the error.

This is what i would do ( how i have it set up ) comment out the listen = yes and change the /etc/xinetd.d/vsftpd file to say disable = yes
    then killall -HUP xinetd
    then try to connect via ftp

If you want it to start as a service, leave listen = YES in your vsftpd.conf file. You also need to put a file in the rc5.d directory( i think it is, i run my servers with no GUI so i'm used to run level 3 ) something like K57vsftpd with a symbolic link to /bin/vsftpd or where ever you have it installed.

I hope i didnt confuse you but if you do one of those 2 things it will work.
    I already did these steps you mentioned. I tried running ftp under xinetd however, the same problem exists. When running #vsftpd
    500 OOPS: missing value in config files for : (

Thank you for bearing with me in solving this problem.

Many thanks,
    rhonneil

hello,
    is there any reason you did not wish to use the vsftp RPM provided by redhat, if not have you tried it? i can not think of any difference between my setup any yours, except for that.

Mentor

i'm not so sure i understand what your doing.

what does it mean when you say, "When running #vsftpd " ?

are you typing vsftpd on the command line?

Are trying to connect to your server from another computer?
    Sorry if these questions are stupid but i dont really understand what youre doing.

If you have vsftpd in your xinetd.d you dont need to start anything... all you need to do is restart xinetd after editing your vsftpd file so the changes will take effect. Then try to connect from another pc.

[quote author=boblucci link=board=4;threadid=7804;start=0#msg71760 date=1065017495]

Sorry if these questions are stupid but i dont really understand what youre doing.

If you have vsftpd in your xinetd.d you dont need to start anything... all you need to do is restart xinetd after editing your vsftpd file so the changes will take effect. Then try to connect from another pc.

[/quote]

[quote author=boblucci link=board=4;threadid=7804;start=0#msg71760 date=1065017495]

[/quote]

Sorry, it's my error. I mixed things standalone/xinetd because I am testing both configuration to find which would work for me.

Of course #vsftpd would work for standalone.

At this point, I still haven't tested my ftp server from another pc, because of one reason, I still can't make "ftp service run", huh, huh, huh = (

Thanks for your help.

rhonneil

Hey guys!

Got the fix!

Thanks to all your help!!! Can;t make it without your vital, brilliant ideas!!!

rhonneil

hello,
    what fixed it if you don't mind me asking?
    thanks!

Mentor

You'd better reply back with what you did to fix it !!! > > >

This whole thread is useless if you dont post what you found or what you did to get it working. Be kind to others with the same problem still needing help.