Thread: HP to indemnify its corporate Linux users against SCO

HP to indemnify its corporate Linux users against SCO

In a bold move aimed at reassuring its enterprise users that Linux is the right choice for their businesses, Hewlett-Packard Co. today is announcing that it will indemnify its Linux customers against any future legal action from The SCO Group Inc.

Read Full Story Here

Re:HP to indemnify its corporate Linux users against SCO

Ok I swear that SCO needs to go AWAY. First they say that if Companies want to prove to their customers that Linux is fine and good they should offer them indemnity, NOW they are saying that offering indemnity admits that there is something wrong with Linux. > If I could kill a company I would kill SCO >

I mean MAKE UP YOUR MINDS ALREADY, SCO!!! Indemnity is the cheap way for HP to get out of it. Because they KNOW that Linux is fine and not a copyright infringment, THAT is why they offered the indemnity. It was either that or counter sue and that would cost money up front. The only way HP has to pay anything out is if this messed judiciary system find in favor of SCO! I can only hope that 1) the courts rule against SCO and in favor of IBM & 2) after that the FTC (or some other government controlling agency) starts an investigation into SCO and their business practices! What they are doing, and have done, should be against the law!!!