Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Win2k SMTP and POP3

Thread: Win2k SMTP and POP3

Win2k SMTP and POP3

At work we consult for a company who has a win2k server and needs a smtp/pop3 solution. The requirements are that they need to be on that server (which runs apache and php4), be a purchased/freeware solution (no custom made as they want support from a company), ability to have a catch all account, and relativly easy to administer (simple GUI, not really anything fancy).

ATM I can't find a single thing. All I find is eather really crappy 2,000 USD pop3/smtp servers or things that lack hardly any features whatsoever.

The price range they want is between 0-200 USD.

Any ideas?

Re:Win2k SMTP and POP3

[quote author=Ashcrow link=board=14;threadid=7795;start=0#msg71210 date=1064334663]
    The price range they want is between 0-200 USD.
    Any ideas?
    [/quote]

I guess that rules out Exchange...

I'd say Novell Groupwise, but I am not sure how much is it...

Well,

Doesn't Win2k server already come with an SMTP service? I always uncheck it during an install. Doesn't sendmail have a Windows port? As for POP3, try Mercury mail. I think it does IMAPv4 and POP3.

HTH.

Try sambar....
    www.sambar.com

Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately, MercuryMail doesn't support a lot of things and has a 8 char limit in the usernames. In the end we got SMTPBeamer which is an excellent, fair priced SMTP/POP3 with GUI administration tool. It's simple enough to setup in minutes but does exactly what you want.

Yes, 2k comes with a really nasty SMTP server. You must have server users to use it and it is riddled with a horrid security history.