Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

something wrong with my burner

Thread: something wrong with my burner

something wrong with my burner

Hi guys over the last two days I burner doesnt want to function right it wont read any blank cds or cds with files on them it will only read a "real" cd. I cant even mount anything it keep telling me that "no medium found" it wont even burn stuff > my /etc/fstab is fine and cdrecord -scanbus seems alright. oh my burner is a Lite On 12x8x32

TIA
    Michael

Mentor

Re:something wrong with my burner

Hmmmm, broken would be a word I'd use to describe this problem. Has it only started happening recently?
    CP

yes two days ago, this is not good because I have a school project that needs to be put on cd. but I do remember hearing a weird noise when I reinstalled UT it was like a grinding sound it happens sometimes usually when I copy or rip a cd.

Mentor

Well I'd say it's died then. If it wont burn, there is something wrong with it.

S!hit what a time to die right when I need it most > > > ...but why can it play other cds just fine like music ??? ???

Mentor

I dunno how or why it works that way, but the same thing happened to me. I actually took my CDRW out of my PC, and then put it in weeks later and it now works. I didn't change my setup at all, everything was exactly the same, and it works. How old is it? The lenses have a tendancy to go out of shape after a while, and sometimes if you get a bad one the lens gets damaged very quickly
    CP

Kind Mastermind

Have you tried cleaning the optics by using one of the disc cleaners? It might be a dirty lense or something.

Cheers