Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Receiving Unrequested Email
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Receiving Unrequested Email

Receiving Unrequested Email

Sorry guys but if this is off topic. I would like CP or trickster to reply and help me with this.

I'm using Outlook Express that comes with Windows XP pro and i'm receiveing e-mail's. I don't know is it a automatic deleivery or someone got my e-mail. Well i'm receiveing over a couple 100 of e-mail's from automatic deleivery that i never sent e-mail's too. It's coming back as a failure. I'm still receiveing e-mail's but i stopped it so when i open up Outlook Express again it's going to start up again. I'm getting sick of this. What would you guys do?? What if CP gave me his e-mail and forward you a couple of them and you couple help me but you have to tell me how many to send?? Please reply back. Thanks.

Re:Using Windows software under Linux

You should start another thread, but I can answer your question easily. Someone is signing you up for stuff you don't want. Go into your profile and change it to NOT show your E-mail. if you click on your profile, you'll see your E-mail is in plain sight. Give Earthlink a call and have your E-mail address changed if you want make sure it doesn't happen again.

Kernel_Killer. I do not see anything about my profile on Outlook Express and on Earthlink.net website. Please reply back and tell me where is the profile. Thanks.

Your Profile on Linux Junior.

dsantamassino

Re:Receiving Unrequested Email

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=14;threadid=7770;start=0#msg70876 date=1064019261]
    Sorry guys but if this is off topic. I would like CP or trickster to reply and help me with this.

I'm using Outlook Express that comes with Windows XP pro and i'm receiveing e-mail's. I don't know is it a automatic deleivery or someone got my e-mail. Well i'm receiveing over a couple 100 of e-mail's from automatic deleivery that i never sent e-mail's too. It's coming back as a failure. I'm still receiveing e-mail's but i stopped it so when i open up Outlook Express again it's going to start up again. I'm getting sick of this. What would you guys do?? What if CP gave me his e-mail and forward you a couple of them and you couple help me but you have to tell me how many to send?? Please reply back. Thanks.
    [/quote]
    Hi Derek,

Please create a new thread.when posting unrelated stuff.

It seems to me that either someone is using your email address in their reply-to field (is becoming more common from spammers. just happned to me a minute ago.) or your machine is infected by some virus that is sending out infected messages without you realizing it.

This is my suggestion:

1. Open up your antivirus (Norton, right?) and click on Live Update and install all the updates. Then, run a full system scan.
    2. Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com, and download all available patches.
    3. If the emails continue, ask your ISP to give you a new email address.

HTH.

First i changed my e-mail address and as of right now i'm going in to my LJR profile and change my e-mail.

ok when i tried to install Norton SystemWorks. I get errors. When i install Norton and i get this error. Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator. After the installation and when i run Live Update i get this error.

Memory access violation module kernel32 at 1929:86539598

So there are total of 2 errors i'm getting. Please reply back. Thanks guys. Oh here is some good news. Well part of it expect for the worms and the errors. I got rid of those e-mail's by createing a new e-mail account.

A Google search with your errors messages bring up this article from Symantec. Read it.

[url=http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.gibe.c@mm.html}Article from Symantec.[/url]

I don't know trickster. I thought i took care of all the viruses and worms but i guess i didn't. As far as i know they have about 3 new worms out. I used the patch too. I want to use Norton and get the updates and now i can't even do that. System Restore in Windows. I click on it 1 time and i does nothing. Second time i click on it comes up as a white screen. It's suppose to restore your computer. It suppose to open up on the first click not the second click with a white screen. I think the worm is eaten everything out of my system. Yahoo messenger. When i just went to PM someone and i could not see any of the messages it was a white screen. trickster who every. What is the hell going on with my system?? I really would like to know. The worm is a little hungry. Please reply back. Thanks just reply and help me.

Did you read the Symantec article?