What I am trying to do is I am trying to access a file using php (It's a config file and has passwords and other stuff) and the problem is that I have to somehow allow Apache (It's a module) to access this file... I am not and can not get into the nobody group, and have to somehow allow Apache to see the file, this file is located in the www space and is 744 so this causes a problem, it shouldn't be world readable, writeable, executable, or anything, is there anyway to somehow make this conf file be seen to nobody:nobody with me not being able to access it? It would be best if this method works on Windows or Linux but if it's specific I don't care...

The reason I ask is I am in a project and there is a conf file which ahs to be read by Apache, this project works on all kinds of servers (since it's PHP) so if it's non-Apache module, that's fine as it runs with the user privs, but if it is mod_php is there a way to make the conf file no world-readable? Thanks everyone!

EDIT: FYI I put this in Programming because it may have a a programming answer, if you feel it is a Technical question feel free to move it.