Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: you guys don't appreciate me.

Re:you guys don't appreciate me.

ok.. my openion on the issue:
    1) Remember something important, this forum -and most other forums- is not a 'free' customer support service. The people here help each other, because they can do it, and it is fun.
    2) Try before you Buy.. err ..I mean before you Post. Show people that you did some effort. Google is your friend. Posting your attempts in your post with your problem will increase its chance of being answered.
    4) Try to be specific and clear describing your problem.
    4) Don't be pushy: ask your question nicely and wait some time. don't expect quick answer.
    5) In the meantime do some extra research and attempts on solving your problem. Update your post to reflect your progress. people will be more intrested in joining a life disscussion, even if all the posts were yours.
    5) Please read this throughly:
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/%7Eesr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    6) don't append every post with 'Please reply back'. I pactually pushes people away from you.. being pushy.
    about trickster, he helped me before and I know he is a good guy, and doen't have anything against anyone.. try to make him in your side.
    and importantly.. remember.. that knoweledge is power.. and it is the goal of everybody.. I had few unanswered posts.. but that doesn't make feel 'unappreciated'.

good luck

ps:
    7) Lovechild: I think you mean phrase :-) making such a 'big' mistake', will not help getting your post answered :-)

Kind Mastermind

Just a couple of observations, some of which have been made before:

1. Don't expect people to do everything for you. Half the fun is trying to find the answers for yourself. The other half is enlisting the aid of others to assist you in your search. The emphasis should be on assist....you can't offer to give someone a ride and then tell them to drive.

2. Don't be pushy. I, for one, have stopped reading your posts as much as I might have. Not because I don't like you or that I am picking on you, but simply because I felt that you were demanding me to do something. I have a huge number of demands on my time, so I don't like to feel obligated to help out when I am volunteering my time in the first place.

3. Nobody here hates you or even really dislikes you. Let's face it, we don't know you. We only know you through your posts. If they seem pushy, then we envision you to be pushy. If you troll, then people feel that you must be a troll (I'm not saying that you have been trolling, I'm just using it as an example), and thus, a bad person.

d, I like you. Why? Because you are different from a lot of the people who post here on a regular basis. Different, in this case, is good. I ask you to forgive me if you feel that I have been rude. I ask you to forgive me for ignoring your posts. Acting this way is not compatible to the whole community ethos that has been and continues to be the hallmark of this forum.

Cheers

sorry but to answer your question no i will not forgive you and no i will not forgive demian either. You could ignore my postes all you want because i do think your rude. I hope that answers your question. Hey trickster. I don't care what you do from here and want i mean by that you could lock this post. I'm not the mod your the mod. Thanks trickster.

I think you are the 1st person in the world to think Stryder144 is rude. More so because has not said anything rude to you. :

You need to grow up, Derek.

fine he is not rude. Does that make you happy??

Mentor

You posted here saying people don't appreciate you when all anyone has tried to do is help you. You haven't searched properly, you don't read the posts properly, and you are very very rude to one of the most helpful people here. Trickster is right, you need to grow up. Just because one person here was rude to you doesn't mean the whole community doesn't like you. And after all the help trickster has given you, you are rude to him too. Stop acting like a child.

[quote author=knight link=board=21;threadid=7729;start=0#msg70642 date=1063643738]

7) Lovechild: I think you mean phrase :-) making such a 'big' mistake', will not help getting your post answered :-)
    [/quote]

That could very well be the case - but why don't we try it the other way around for a change - you try typing all your answers in Danish and I'll correct your tiny mistakes ?

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=21;threadid=7729;start=0#msg70697 date=1063691391]

That could very well be the case - but why don't we try it the other way around for a change - you try typing all your answers in Danish and I'll correct your tiny mistakes ?
    [/quote]
    This is a nice suggestion.. but I do not know anything about Danish, other than the icecream.. but I would prefer If I answer in Arabic -my native language- and you correct me in Danish ;D

Kind Mastermind

Simply stated, Derek, I'm rather hurt by your statement. I was going to ignore your post, but I did ask you to forgive me for doing just that. It would make no sense to me to ignore your post when I'd asked your forgiveness for doing just that.

So, when, and if, I can ever help you, believe me, I will post a reply.

Cheers

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=21;threadid=7729;start=0#msg70718 date=1063720230]
    So, when, and if, I can ever help you, believe me, I will post a reply.
    [/quote]
    That is my man, stryder144 .. you are a true knight..