Thread: Holding SCO accountable

Holding SCO accountable

Can't SCO be held accountable for their remarks? I mean, I've been trying to follow this thing and it seems like they are committing libel? CEO for SCO took something that an open source leader said and COMPLETELY took it out of context and made it sound like he was almost backing SCO.

This FUD slinging HAS TO STOP! You know it sounds to me like the CEO doesn't even understand what is going on, he makes himself look like a moron. Death couldn't come soon enough for SCO (the only reason I don't mention Darl McBride is because I think that he is doing this just to try and save his company, I guess you gotta go out swinging right?)

Re:Holding SCO accountable

Can't SCO be held accountable for their remarks?
    Let's hope so. I don't usually wish ill on any person or company, but I believe that SCO (Caldera that is -I don't like to see the formerly good name of SCO tarnished) is doing some terribly underhanded things. I hope their ship sinks. Personally I wonder if McBride's holy underware is a little too tight.

Mentor

SCO Group Inc. said bodyguards were protecting its top executives after the software maker received death threats for claiming to own programming code in the Linux operating system and demanding fees from users.

[quote author=Izan Seth link=board=13;threadid=7710;start=0#msg70465 date=1063225848]
    Can't SCO be held accountable for their remarks? I mean, I've been trying to follow this thing and it seems like they are committing libel? CEO for SCO took something that an open source leader said and COMPLETELY took it out of context and made it sound like he was almost backing SCO.
    [/quote]

It could be, maybe. However, the charges have to come from the affected person. More so, that person has to have enough money to battle SCO on court, probably on a long battle.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

[quote author=Izan Seth link=board=13;threadid=7710;start=0#msg70465 date=1063225848]
    Death couldn't come soon enough for SCO (the only reason I don't mention Darl McBride is because I think that he is doing this just to try and save his company, I guess you gotta go out swinging right?)
    [/quote]

Only if you're wrong and stupid.