Thread: xosl download??

xosl download??

Hey guys. I wanted to use xosl rather then using grub or lilo to manage my OS's. I have 3 OS's. I tryed http://www.xosl.org but that is not the xosl site. Does anyone have a link to download xosl and what do i do when it's done downloading?? Do i copy it to a floppy and then restart my computer with the floppy in place?? I don't know that's just a guess. I never ever used xosl before. Oh when i said i want to use xosl rather then grub or lilo. Is that possible that i can?? I have DOS, RH8 and Windows XP pro. I want xosl to manage all of those OS's. Please reply back. Thanks guys.

Re:xosl download??

hello,
    the main site appears to be down - try this:

http://xosl.sourceforge.net/

you still need a linux bootlaoder - but on the root (i.e. / ) partition.

I really don't have a clue on what you want me to do. To: demian i know your online. Will you please help me?? My grub bootloader is on the MBR. First, How do i get the bootloader to the / partition?? Second, What do i do with the xosl zip file that i just download not?? I unzip it and it made a folder. I download something like the demo version. Please reply back. Thanks demian.

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=25;threadid=7692;start=0#msg70247 date=1062873000]
    To: demian i know your online. Will you please help me?? My grub bootloader is on the MBR. First, How do i get the bootloader to the / partition?? Second, What do i do with the xosl zip file that i just download not?? I unzip it and it made a folder. I download something like the demo version. Please reply back. Thanks demian.
    [/quote]

Well, just because my name is displayed doesn't mean I'm available. Sometimes I just leave my browser open...

Anyway, I can't really help you here. I never used xosl because I don't see the point. What does it do that grub doesn't? Why do you feel you need it?

Here's the most help I can give you: Don't try too many things at once. In the modem thread you're all over the place and don't really focus on the original problem at hand. Switching distro or even operating system every other week won't help you much, I believe. There's no one Linux distro that will magically solve all your problems without you investing some time to get to know it's ins and outs. Why don't you try and stick with one Linux distro and familiarize yourself with that until you know your way around?

How well do you know RH Linux 8?? I made a post a couple of hours ago in that post for trickster to help me with Solaris. Why don't you go over to the modem forum and help me get the commands and configure my modem?? Only if you want too help me. I bet you go to screamingelectron you will probably find posts laying all over the place that are mine. Please reply back. Thanks demian.

Mentor

[quote author=dsantamassino link=board=25;threadid=7692;start=0#msg70247 date=1062873000]
    I really don't have a clue on what you want me to do. To: demian i know your online. Will you please help me?? My grub bootloader is on the MBR. First, How do i get the bootloader to the / partition?? Second, What do i do with the xosl zip file that i just download not?? I unzip it and it made a folder. I download something like the demo version. Please reply back. Thanks demian.
    [/quote]

I dont want to sound like a jerk but you need to do some reading of posts on this site or any other linux site for that matter. Use google. You cant just expect people to give you answers. You'll never learn that way. Look at the PETS, use the search feature ( it really works ). There are probably 50 posts around here on how to get lilo installed on the first sector of your root partition. How about going to lilo.conf and editing it? You should take a look at the PET i submitted about dual booting w2k and Linux. Dual Boot PET

Show us that you are actually trying to learn what you are doing instead of having others do it/tell you how to do it, you'll get alot more out of people.

demian: Can you please ssh to my system?? I'm online. I test out my sound card and it worked fine but when i go to play a CD or a game of chess i get no sound. Will AIM work under RH?? I'm downloading AIM so if you want you could talk to me on there or reply back here or in the no modem forum. Thanks demian.

demian: AIM does not work under RH for me. I will post the message that i got.

Nautilus has no installed viewer capable of displaying "/home/dsanta/Install_AIM.exe".

Please reply back. I need some help with this. Thanks.

exe is a windows program, you're using linux.

there is an aim client from aol for linux, click on linux when downloading not windows.

but i'd recommend gaim, it probably is already installed, just run gaim from an xterm or something.

I'm sorry gorn but i don't know how to get access to gaim or run it from xterm like you said. I'm really new to Linux and i'm also slow so you might to take me through this step by step with me so i could get gaim up and running. Please reply back. Thanks gorn.