Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Debian Server Blues

Thread: Debian Server Blues

Debian Server Blues

Ok my server stopped working all of a sudden. It was working with out a problem. Last I did was apt-get install dhcpcd and then awhile after that it stopped working. I am not sure what happened. Either the pkg was bad or someone tried to hack my box because when I try to apt-get something it tells me to set the root path to several dirs. I checked /etc/rc.d/rc.boot or /etc/initd and are empty. Those this all sound right.

Well my question is how to set the root path. I thought the init scripts did that. BTW some of my daemonds like cups and ssh do start up. Thanks.

Re:Debian Server Blues

The /etc/rc.boot directory is just there for backwards compatibility. It became obsolete sometime during the transition from potato to woody, I believe. So on a healthy woody system this should be empty.

What does "stopped working" mean? What exactly is the error message you get from apt? And what's in the log files just before it stopped working?

Well there is nothing in the log files I went over them and found nothing out of the ordinary. I am thinking apt-get install dhcpcd didnt finish when my box stoped working.

When I do a apt-get install dhcpcd I get the following after it tells me what its going to install:
    Code:
    dpkg: 'ldconfig' not found on path.
    dpkg: 'start-stop-daemon' not found on path.
    dpkg: 'install-info' not found on path.
    dpkg: 'rc-update' not found on path.
    NB: root PATH should contain ...

That's SO strange I guess I needed some other dirs in my path that I didnt have before. SO strange. Well I figure out that they go in /etc/profile and now my servier is up!!!!

Thanks!