Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

*.ape music files

Thread: *.ape music files

Hybrid View

*.ape music files

Hi everyone.

I've got a bunch of *.ape files here. Supposedly it's music and I've got no idea what to use to play them. file just reports them as data. And xmms refuses to play them. Mplayer gives me a lot of noise and google'ing didn't get me very far. I did find a tag editor for ape files but that's about it. So anybody knows what xmms plugin I need to listen to this?

Thanks, demian.

Re:*.ape music files

i hate to ask this but i never have heard of .ape before, did you do a google.com search to find out just what sound code it is and whether or not a linux version exists?

never having heard of .ape before this is about all i could suggest.

the hydrogen audio forum may also be a good resource to search as well.

I just find this sort of thing funny. Are we so eager to help we don't read the original post before we start writing the reply?

Mplayer gives me a lot of noise and google'ing didn't get me very far.
    i hate to ask this but i never have heard of .ape before, did you do a google.com search to find out just what sound code it is and whether or not a linux version exists?

Linkage : http://www.monkeysaudio.com

cant find any connection to linux, thus far MAC and Winblows

cool - thanks coltrane - very much like flac

[quote author=vvx link=board=2;threadid=7667;start=0#msg69998 date=1062386447]
    I just find this sort of thing funny. Are we so eager to help we don't read the original post before we start writing the reply?

Mplayer gives me a lot of noise and google'ing didn't get me very far.
    [/quote]

actually no i just missed the google'ed part is all. like you have never done this before vvx : so my misread makes my latter suggestion less valid? hydrogen audio is a great forum and one can learn lots there. i also suggested google.com not "/linux" which should give a hit. some people think that they *should* find the answer with a typical google.com/linux but if you don't then that should be a hint that it does not have any linux support and a google.comsearch may be more productive. but i guess i am wrong.

sorry i will endeavor to be less human next time :P : :P

actually I did a lycos search and found that..

Thanks everyone. It was indeed a google.com/linux search that didn't get me anywhere.

I finally found this plugin for gstreamer in the forum of the site coltrane linked.

Thanks.