Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Can't boot from HD

Thread: Can't boot from HD

Can't boot from HD

After replacing a bad harddrive in my scsi raid array I can no longer boot from the harddrive. I am using Grub and redhat 9. I can still boot from my floppy, but that is it. How would I get my boot track back on the HD?

Re:Can't boot from HD

What error message are you getting?

I am not getting any error message at all. It is not even getting to grub. They system bios doesn't return any errors either, if it doesn't find and os to boot it just has a blank screen. I can boot the server fine with the floppy boot disk, but I would like to boot off of the harddrive. Any ideas on how to get grub to boot linux again? I just don't understand exactly how grub works. I will have to research grub some more, but if you have any ideas in the meantime I would appreciate any help.

Good Guru

well try booting off of the first Red Hat 9 install disc. At the prompt, type :

linux rescue

Then just fsck, rebuild, and repair your raid array.

[quote author=Schotty link=board=1;threadid=7637;start=0#msg69771 date=1062090428]
    well try booting off of the first Red Hat 9 install disc. At the prompt, type :

linux rescue

Then just fsck, rebuild, and repair your raid array.
    [/quote]
    The raid array has been repaired, the disk was bad. I didn't try the linux resue yet. I will do that tonight.