Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Can not open /dev/cdrom

Thread: Can not open /dev/cdrom

Can not open /dev/cdrom

Ok I burned a cd I just bought and now I want to rip it. Offcourse for backup purposes since I am going to store this cd. I was able to burn the cd so why am I not able to rip it?

Re:Can not open /dev/cdrom

Reading some error messages in dmesg. I saw that there were some scsi error messages. What was going on is that I didn't have SCSI generic support in the kernel. Oddly enough I was still able to burn my cd.

hey gmoreno, is this still an issue? also, what are you using to rip it?

Good Guru

Just out of curiosity, do you have proper permissions to the /dev entry ?

That could do it.

I have figured it out all I needed is scsi generic support. Oddly enough I was able to burn cds without it. But when it wasn't working I was using tkcOggripper and grip. But I fixed my issue. Thanks for the help.