Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

New Job

Thread: New Job

New Job

Well, after being unemployed for two months, I have finally found a new job, and a good job it is too. It is with a small company that does some very interesting geological work that I will enjoy. It pays better than my last job as well.

And, they just completed migrating all the servers to Linux and are evaluating switching from Win2k desktops to RedHat + Ximian desktops. ;D

cga is very happy.

Re:New Job

RedHat + Ximian desktops make Lovechild cream his pants... that's just a sexy desktop.

congrats, don't spend all your time switching WMs now, you hear?

Oh dude...holy crap. That sounds like you've just about got it made. Doing work you enjoy on XD2 all day long. If they do end up switching, you'll have to give us one of those classic "what cga thinks of what he's using right now" threads on XD2.

Well Congrats!

Good Guru

Congrats man!

Glad to hear you having better luck with the work finding area of life. I am awaiting the final say from GE Medical. Granted it is an assembler/test tech, but it pays friggin sweet.

One word of advice to all, dont fuck your self for more pay by skimping on necessities. Insurance is a must, and dont forget 401K. Of course Roth IRA's are a VERY good idea too, but when the boss contributes, DO TAKE THEIR MONEY !!!

Well thats what Amerivoice was for me, should have settled for less starting pay, for nearly full blown insurance (Deductible was 200 a year, $50 a quarter) and top notch retirement.

That's great, cga!!! Congrat's!

Congrats!!! Way to go CGA.
    Yah, my company pretty much bends me over when it comes to health and dental, but I more than make up for it in takehome. One of the few benefits of having 400 hours OT so far.Course the gov is gonna bend me over at the end of the year, but, oh well. Se la Vie.

10ded

many congrats cga!!

Well, I'll start with a laptop running XP Pro. I spoke quite a while with one of the IT guys, and if I do end up with Linux, I am free to use whatever I want, as long as it works. So I could run SuSE + KDE or a plain WM or anything. They are looking at Ximian for ease of conversion of non computer techies. They are going to look at KDE too.

[quote author=Tyr_7BE link=board=14;threadid=7561;start=0#msg69300 date=1061045696]
    Oh dude...holy crap. That sounds like you've just about got it made. Doing work you enjoy on XD2 all day long. If they do end up switching, you'll have to give us one of those classic "what cga thinks of what he's using right now" threads on XD2.

Well Congrats!
    [/quote]