Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

mozilla acting baddly

Thread: mozilla acting baddly

mozilla acting baddly

hi all,
    the other day while plotting evil things i went to www.sixflags.com to see what ride i can scare my wife and kids with. well - needless to say i was the one who was scared. but raging bull and superman are kick ass rides. any who - mozilla has been acting very baddly since, i have had hard times loggng in and staying logged in, or else mozilla locks up - in fact right now i am using netscape 4.79. think it was the flash pluggin i removed it, but still no worky worky. the other major thing i did was yank my sound card and use on board sound (which sucks btw). anyone have any ideas?

this is also the reason have not been posting for a couple of day - well that plus going on amusement park rides.

Re:mozilla acting baddly

Have you tried updating your flash and java plugins?

try creating a new profile and seeing if it works. if it does then just copy your bookmarks and/or preferences file over to the new profile.

to create a new profile do mozilla -ProfileManager and create from there

to copy bookmarks look in ~/.mozilla

good luck

okay - it was the onboard sound - i am not sure why this would cause anything to kak...

Mozilla is acting kinda funny, it seems to freeze for a minute or so, with Slackware 9.0...I got onboard sound card also, I wonder if thats the cause?

Even on Windows, Moz would choke up if a slight large music file is being downloaded and played. You could disable javascript, but that would stop you from logging in most sites.

Or maybe there are more than one sound modules loaded. Which is eating up resources.

You could boot another distro and see if that disappears.