Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Ex-Intel worker was helping terrorists..

Thread: Ex-Intel worker was helping terrorists..

Ex-Intel worker was helping terrorists..

check it out

Umm.. Buy AMD?

Re:Ex-Intel worker was helping terrorists..

or buy IBM.... 4way PPC970.... *DROOL*

But seriously, he personally supported terrorists - not Intel..

I seriously wonder about this though. When does a American citizen who is an exec in a large corp have time for this? I also havn't seen any evidence except that he pled guilty after maintaining his non-guilty status for so long.

" After Hawash was arrested in March and detained for weeks without charges filed against him, his case became something of a cause celebre online."

Uhm... isn't that illegal? Aren't charges supposed to be pressed within a certain amount of time? Just curious, my memory is a little grey in that area.

*reads another article pertaining to it and gets her answer* kay...

"Until criminal charges were filed Monday, Hawash was held as a "material witness" under a 1984 law that has been used to detain terrorist suspects without the need for prosecutors to charge them with a crime. "

Hmm.... The idea kinda confuses me. I'd ask for them to define 'terrorist suspects' but thats part of the judicial system and such and such... maybe I'm looking too far into this.

Did he really keep a non-guilty status for so long? I'm kind of gathering that he just wasn't charged at first and so he couldn't take a stance either way.

That kinda reminds me of Mitnick.

Mentor

Mitnick? are you kidding me? that makes no sence...

do you people READ these articles or do you just read what you want to read?

In the 13-page plea agreement released on Wednesday afternoon, Hawash admitted to the charges brought against him by the Justice Department in April. "Hawash and others in the group were prepared to take up arms as martyrs if necessary to defend the Taliban government in Afghanistan," said the plea agreement, which Hawash signed.

Why would he admit to it if they were false acusations? Why would he sign something if it wasnt true?

The sentence, which will be set by U.S. District Judge Robert Jones, is compounded because the offense took place when the United States was at war.

He commited these crimes WHILE we were at WAR!!!!!, you are talking about a whole bunch of different laws.

I knew i used AMD for a reason!!

My question is this... Why is it that a terrorist can get out of jail in 5-10 years? How is that AT ALL safe? I mean being incarcerated by a country that he apparently hates for that long would not do anything positive for his attitude for the country.

Wouldn't he then just join up with the terrorists later? I don't know. ??? :-\

[quote author=Izan Seth link=board=14;threadid=7514;start=0#msg69025 date=1060361418]
    My question is this... Why is it that a terrorist can get out of jail in 5-10 years? How is that AT ALL safe? I mean being incarcerated by a country that he apparently hates for that long would not do anything positive for his attitude for the country.

Wouldn't he then just join up with the terrorists later? I don't know. ??? :-\
    [/quote]

replace terrorist here with child molester, rapist, windows user, accountant... because he has paid his dept to society after ending his sentence, he'll be closely monitored after his release dunno worry about that.

Kinda scary he would be let out after his sentence but I agree with LoveChild. He would be closely monitored for sure and surely thrown back if any reprecussions came up. It would be hard to escape his past...

I don't know if the term is used any more but it definately came to mind when I think about having to always wear a label of accusation. Blacklisting...

Am I using it incorrect? It seems to make sense. Even if he plead guilty and got away he'd have to live with having been accussed in the first place. Sad... but true.

As for only reading what one wants to read... I read the article and a few of the links provided in it. One can draw their own conclusions from a writing, either take it literal for the words put on the page as they are a defined in a dictionary.... or read ones own interpretation. Either are going to conflict with the way someone else reads it...