Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If SCO wins ...

Mentor

If SCO wins ...

Poll:
    What would you do in the unlikely event SCO wins it's case?

Re:If SCO wins ...

I would have Darl McBride.. removed.. and then rob a bank, buy SCO, and beg the Linux community for their forgiveness, and keep using Linux.
    Feasable? Maybe not at this time, but if it takes years for this to happen, possibly.

edit: I need to take English again...

I'm already switching to FreeBSD - so I'm safe...
    But I doubt they will win - and if they do... I'm buying my own country.

i really doubt sco has a chance in hell of winning...c'mon, we're talking IBM and RedHat here...

[quote author=cj171 link=board=13;threadid=7510;start=0#msg68949 date=1060215283]
    i really doubt sco has a chance in hell of winning...c'mon, we're talking IBM and RedHat here...
    [/quote]

i am quite sure MS is behind SCO...

but doesnt M$ have the E.U. to worry about at the moment? or can they multi-task? *Cough* excuse the half-pun

I have no doubt that M$ is egging SCO on behind the scenes.

Anyhow, the Kernel guys have alreday said that if SCO would just come out and show what code it is that they are bitching about, the developers would be happy to remove it and do a re-write, which would take a day or two.

SCO will not caugh up any proof, however. They are insisting that people pay them because the claim that they own Linux. Well, hell, I own air, so i want royalties for every breath every living thing has taken, is taking or ever will take.

I can prove that I own air, but I am not going to do so, so just, um, caugh up the $$. ;D

Associate

SCO will show you the offending lines of code, but you have to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) before viewing. So, once you see it you can't talk about it. It seems fishy to me, they would sue IBM over Linux, make claims that they own Linux and publically tell all Linux users they need to pay with out showing anyone the evidence. If they have such an iron clad case, why not publish the code? Why all the drama? Granted MS could be pushing them, but that can't be the only reason for hanging themselves out in the wind like this. If SCO loses this case, they are finished.

MS has settled with the EU and is paying a fine.

[quote author=Nazgul link=board=13;threadid=7510;start=0#msg68989 date=1060271131]
    Granted MS could be pushing them, but that can't be the only reason for hanging themselves out in the wind like this. If SCO loses this case, they are finished.
    [/quote]

SCO was pretty much finished. It was a failed company on the brink, and so Mc(bastard)Bride has gone nuts and decided to try a last ditch effort to grab hold of something that can keep his sorry ass afloat.

M$ sees it as a great chance to spread more FUD and to push a pawn out to attack Linux and OSS.

Associate

Well they're gonna be finished now with IBM's counter suit. Now that IBM has brought patents into the case, it's going to take a long, long time to resolve this one. SCO is going to need major bank to fight this over the long haul.

I hope people realize that they don't need to pay anything to SCO for Linux because it has yet to be proved that they are infact owed compensation. Now that it is public regarding their violation of the GPL and not to mention Novell's continuing influence over SCO's handling of UNIX, they ain't got a prayer.