Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Biting the bullet

Thread: Biting the bullet

Biting the bullet

Hey all,

I just thought I would give people here an update on me (cuz its kinda big for me). I'm going back to school! I'll be taking a class each semester from now until I finish my MS in IT. I first have to complete 2 prerequisite classes ITCS1214 & ITCS 1215... Intro to Comp Sci I & II. So I'm nervous and excited at the same time. One thing that has me excited is that these programming classes will be in JAVA. I've been wanting to learn that for a while now, so this should be good.

The kinda bummer thing about this is that I already took an Intro to Comp Sci I & II while I was getting my BS in MIS but I only completed one of those successfully, with a B, the other one with a D. Its been so long that I need to take them both over again, which is good because I never really understood classes and all that :-\ Oh well nose to the grind stone time!!

Re:Biting the bullet

good luck with comp sci man, i had the same terrible trouble understanding classes. let me tell you, it only gets worse from there when you start inheritance, pointers, templates and try to understand doing object orientated language. i switch from CS to MIS. i realized i didnt want to program c++ for a living, id rather be a system administrator or web developer. im going to try and learn c++, but on my own time. i cant learn c++ in the amount of time they give me, especially when i am being graded on it, it is a waste of my money to take such a fast paced class and fail it.

Re:Biting the bullet

[quote author=burntash link=board=21;threadid=7509;start=#msg68936 date=1060199000]
    <snip> i switch from CS to MIS. i realized i didnt want to program c++ for a living, id rather be a system administrator or web developer.</snip>[/quote]

LOL I went in Comp Sci came out MIS also!!!

Oh and thanx for the good luck wishes.