Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Startup scripts question

Thread: Startup scripts question

Startup scripts question

This is a really simple question, but I ask because I don't want to screw anything up (which I've done before)

I lease a dedicated server running Red Hat 7.2. A while back I installed a newer version of Apache, but since it's in a different location than the default machine config, Apache no longer starts during boot up. I have to do it manually.

The command I use is:
    /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl startssl

What is the correct file I need to edit to get it to start during boot, and is there a special syntax I need to follow? Thanks.

Re:Startup scripts question

hello,
    it would be in /etc/init.d and would be called www or apache, i can't remember whic exactly - anyway - when you edit it it should be failr ly obvious as to what you need to fix.

please let us know if you have issues.

Advisor

it's called /etc/init.d/httpd
    Change the apachectl, moduledir and httpd variable in it to point where your new version is located.. And everything should be fine.

Great, thanks for the help!