Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with stupidity.

Frustrated with stupidity.

I have been a regular poster on the message boards of my favorite band (Thousand Foot Krutch) for well over two years, and I have over 6000 posts. Last year, the webmaster who setup the message board (ikonboard 2.1.7b) retired, and left a moderator with complete control. She does not moderate ANYTHING, she doesn't stop mindless spam (two topics on the same subject get posted, I make a point about her not stopping one, and get yelled at). So, these boards are cracked into, she can't get into the admin center, and nobody can register. A few weeks later, someone forgets their password. I search on google, find an exploit, and get the persons password for them, and tell the moderator about the exploit, and about all of the things I learned on google (how to patch the message boards for example). She gets the brilliant idea to blame anything that happens on me. According to her, I was the one who cracked the boards, I am the one who uses the old webmasters password and deletes threads, I am the one who changes users passwords and personal information. So now she is yelling at me on msn.. ROAR!

miss independent says:
    would u stop messing aroudn with the boards?

Stuart says:
    I am not messing around with the boards.

miss independent says:
    honestly jsut cause u can doesn't give u a license to!!!! they're not urs so leave them alone!

miss independent says:
    YES U FREAKIN ARE

Stuart says:
    I am not.

miss independent says:
    are u sure?

Stuart says:
    I am very sure, and very insulted that you would blame me so quickly (but not surprised)

miss independent says:
    sorry. ppl just came to me saying u were

Stuart says:
    It's ok, and understandable. I don't know who is, or how you mean.

miss independent says:
    who's messing with them then? it jsut seems that everytime they're messed with ur on the baords too
    Stuart says:
    That would be because I'm almost always logged in. But how do you mean messing with them? Like, what is happening?
    miss independent says:
    i' nnot buying this
    I have even offered to help her fix the message boards, but nooo. >
    Anyways, sorry for ranting. This just has me really frustrated.

edit:
    And now there is a thread making someones private conversations public, and they don't portray this person in a very good light. Nothing is done about it. *sigh*
    Anyone have any recommendations, or should I just sit by and take it like a good little canadian?

Re:Frustrated with stupidity.

They are called Windows users and suffer from a disease called "stupiditous maximus".

I would just ask her to prove her accusations, you are innocent untill proven guilty.

I own a crowbar and a skimask, does that make me a burglar ?

damn it lovey!! i knew it was you - return my childs gogles this instant!! ;D

[quote author=pbharris link=board=17;threadid=7478;start=0#msg68741 date=1059848817]
    [/quote]

Did the little "I hate GWB" stickers all over your driveway give me away or was it the goat I slaughtered in honor of the horned god in your backyard?

lol. you two. karma points for the both of you.

Mentor

She's already accusing you, and she can't prove it anyway, so you should have some fun

[quote author=CP link=board=17;threadid=7478;start=0#msg68766 date=1059864182]
    She's already accusing you, and she can't prove it anyway, so you should have some fun
    [/quote]

I think that would be a good idea.. but.. What should I do.. *ponders*

Anyone have any evil ideas?

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=7478;start=0#msg68742 date=1059849781]
    [quote author=pbharris link=board=17;threadid=7478;start=0#msg68741 date=1059848817]
    [/quote]

Did the little "I hate GWB" stickers all over your driveway give me away or was it the goat I slaughtered in honor of the horned god in your backyard?

[/quote]

the "I hate GWB" staickers are mine - all mine. any more would hardly be noticed.

slaughtering goats (or anything else for that matter) would have gotten anyone a pretty swift bite in the ass from one of my dogs - plus a louisville slugger crushing your knee caps, and that has not happened. must have been someone else.

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=pbharris link=board=17;threadid=7478;start=0#msg68782 date=1059872577]
    [quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=7478;start=0#msg68742 date=1059849781]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

the "I hate GWB" staickers are mine - all mine. any more would hardly be noticed.

slaughtering goats (or anything else for that matter) would have gotten anyone a pretty swift bite in the ass from one of my dogs - plus a louisville slugger crushing your knee caps, and that has not happened. must have been someone else.
    [/quote]

Hmmm...I'm with ya on half of your post, but I just love meat way too much to give it up. Having said that, though, I do seem to like the BK Veggie Burger. Yum.

Veggie burgers are a mark of the devil!! Evil one, I denounce thee, and everything unholy that you represent!!auuhhh, what was the question again?