Thread: sudo

sudo

how do you properly set sudo up, i want my user omoshiroi to be able to access mount via sudo. mounting cd's is fine, but when i want to mount a iso, its no go, i have set everything up so i should be able to mount, changed the chmod to 777 to all the loopback device, the images, the place i want to mount, and /bin/mount. so theoretically everything should work. but doesnt, it gives me this error if i goto mount with a user.
    omoshiroi@Slackware:/home/images$ mount -o loop halflife.iso /iso/d1
    memlock: Operation not permitted
    Couldn't lock into memory, exiting.

i want to be able to mount this way because of winex
    this is what i get if i try to use a iso mounted from su

omoshiroi@Slackware:/iso/d1$ winex3 setup.exe
    wine: '/home/omoshiroi/.transgaming/wineserver-Slackware' must not be accessible by other users

anyone got any idea on how to make a proper sudoers file?
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+<br />DFI NFII Ultra Infinity(gigabyte sucks)<br />OCZ 2 x 512 PC3200<br />ATI Radeon AIW 9600 PRO<br />16x DVD-Rom (not in use)<br />LG 8x DVD-Burner<br />LG 40x12x40 CD-RW<br />WD 120GB<br />420W PSU<br />Tweaked out case<br />:)

Re:sudo

ok got sudo working, but that just mounted the cd as root, which i could do before. i want a way to mount cd's as omoshiroi and not as root.
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+<br />DFI NFII Ultra Infinity(gigabyte sucks)<br />OCZ 2 x 512 PC3200<br />ATI Radeon AIW 9600 PRO<br />16x DVD-Rom (not in use)<br />LG 8x DVD-Burner<br />LG 40x12x40 CD-RW<br />WD 120GB<br />420W PSU<br />Tweaked out case<br />:)

Re:sudo

OK SOLUTION!!!!, my wine config, i just set the c drive of the root account as the c drive of the account i want it to install to, and that works great, i just need to setup a sudo for winex now so i can run that as a user lol.