Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Plain Window Manager users - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plain Window Manager users

Re:Plain Window Manager users

all you icewm lovers get the latest 1.2.10 release @ www.icewm.org

[quote author=burntash link=board=6;threadid=7476;start=0#msg69208 date=1060819992]
    [/quote]

I saw this post and decided to take a break from XFCE4 adventures. And give IceWM a try. I first installed 1.2.9 and things worked well. I then did a cvsup on my ports (doing this on my FreeBSD box) and then went from 1.2.9 to 1.2.10. When I restarted IceWM I found some irregularities with various themes. Mostly the borders on the windows took on odd colours and the buttons on the top horizontal bar showed gaps on their edges such that you could see what was underneath the focused window through the gaps. While things worked OK it was a very disturbing visual effect for a neurotic individual such as myself. I tried upgrading to IceWM 1.2.10pre11 by compiling from source (after removing 1.2.10) but the problem persisted. I then manually remove 1.2.10pre11 and went back to 1.2.9 build from source and everything worked. Wierd. Anyone have any insights on this one?

PS: IceWM is nice too. Not as easy to configure as XFCE4 but very nice. Also seems to be very light on resouces.

8)Blackbox 8)

[quote author=ifred link=board=6;threadid=7476;start=0#msg69429 date=1061312959]
    [quote author=burntash link=board=6;threadid=7476;start=0#msg69208 date=1060819992]
    [/quote]
    Quote has been edited for length
    When I restarted IceWM I found some irregularities with various themes. Mostly the borders on the windows took on odd colours and the buttons on the top horizontal bar showed gaps on their edges such that you could see what was underneath the focused window through the gaps. Anyone have any insights on this one?

[/quote]

I think I figured out the problem. It may be that the preferences file in my home directory was the culprit. There may be differences in default configuration requirements that cause the problem in appearance when IceWM is upgraded. As a result, if this problem is ever experienced after an upgrade, you could start troubleshooting by backing up any preference files in your ~/.icewm directory and then copying the /usr/X11R6/share/icewm version of the preferences file and customize that one to suit your needs. I'm not completely sure that this is what caused the problem but things seem to be working OK now.

Ion and Fluxbox all the way. What? No Ion love?

how do you theme stuff in window managers like xchat and such to make the tabs look nice and sharp and stuff. when you are in gnome or kde and you change themes, they usually always make xchat look pretty sweet.