Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do you stand in politics?

Re:Where do you stand in politics?

Strange with all the debating we had concerning politics I tend to be flamed for being anti american (commie + treehugger have been used to describe me at one point) - yet it seems we are all pretty much in agreement politically... interesting.

I'm actually plesantly surprised with the results, I really expected at least some of you to hit the first quadrant...

Would be interesting to compare these results to what people actually vote come election time - I know voted differently than my profile, then again I change my political views quite a lot lately, I've become increasingly leftist (coming from a family that's aligned more to the right I voted that way last).

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=7449;start=0#msg68512 date=1059392241]
    Strange with all the debating we had concerning politics I tend to be flamed for being anti american (commie + treehugger have been used to describe me at one point) - yet it seems we are all pretty much in agreement politically... interesting.

I'm actually plesantly surprised with the results, I really expected at least some of you to hit the first quadrant...

Would be interesting to compare these results to what people actually vote come election time - I know voted differently than my profile, then again I change my political views quite a lot lately, I've become increasingly leftist (coming from a family that's aligned more to the right I voted that way last).
    [/quote]

Sometimes we have to vote counter to our normal political leanings based on the fact that there are no candidates from our political party that make sense. Sometimes our political party may field candidates that are too leftist/moderate/rightist for our tastes but the opposition party may have the most viable candidate, in our view.

Of course, I've recently become disenchanted with a certain ruling party. I hate FUD, be it from M$ or from a political hack or big multi-national corporation. So, I don't mind voting counter to the way I've voted in the past.

Cheers

Economic Left/Right: 2.88
    Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46

I have to complain about some of the questions though, they seem really stereotypical and almost loaded at times ... but hen again it's a quiz and it can't be more specific.

Here is another one ....
    http://www.lp.org/quiz/

"Libertarians are self-governors in both personal and economic matters. They believe government's only purpose is to protect people from coercion and violence. They value individual responsibility, and tolerate economic and social diversity."

Kind Mastermind

[quote author=Ashcrow link=board=17;threadid=7449;start=0#msg68517 date=1059403473]
    Economic Left/Right: 2.88
    Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46

I have to complain about some of the questions though, they seem really stereotypical and almost loaded at times ... but hen again it's a quiz and it can't be more specific.

Here is another one ....
    http://www.lp.org/quiz/

"Libertarians are self-governors in both personal and economic matters. They believe government's only purpose is to protect people from coercion and violence. They value individual responsibility, and tolerate economic and social diversity."

[/quote]

I'm a centrist leaning toward Libertarian/Conservatism.

60% Personal, 70% Economic.

Your Personal Self-Government Score is 60%.
    Your Economic Self-Government Score is 10%.

I think this test is far to simple. There's less of a chance of a hit with that few questions, also it seems centered on american law, I had to look up the meaning of that sex law question, it's worded odd - like homosexual sex was to be abolised or something like that, when they in fact mean "the oldest profession known to mankind".

Economic Left/Right: -4.88
    Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.44

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=7449;start=0#msg68524 date=1059420386]
    Your Personal Self-Government Score is 60%.
    Your Economic Self-Government Score is 10%.
    [/quote]
    Oops I forgot to post that part ...

Your Personal Self-Government Score is 100%.
    Your Economic Self-Government Score is 90%.

I think this test is far to simple. There's less of a chance of a hit with that few questions, also it seems centered on american law, I had to look up the meaning of that sex law question, it's worded odd - like homosexual sex was to be abolised or something like that, when they in fact mean "the oldest profession known to mankind".
    Thats a good point. This quiz is more geared toward Americans because it is an American party albeit a small yet growing one.

[joke]
    As for being to simple, it's much more complex than the Republican and Democrat versions ...

Do you have money? y/n
    Congrats! You are a Republican/Democrat!
    [/joke]