Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Saddams Sons Killed - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Saddams Sons Killed

Mentor

Re:Saddams Sons Killed

[quote author=stryder144 link=board=14;threadid=7421;start=30#msg68390 date=1059104148]
    I can't seem to understand how broadcasting those pictures will do us any good.
    [/quote]

Ok well maybe the boobies comment WAS a bit much, because everyone knows there is nothing better than boobies ;D ;D ;D

BROADCASTING THE PICTURES WERE NOT FOR OUR BENEFIT!!!!!!

Do you guys read/watch the news or do you just talk?

If you people DID indeed read or even watch the news you would know the reason for releasing those pictures.

Most of people of Iraq said the will not believe that the Hussein brothers are dead until they see proof (i.e. pictures of their dead bodies) this was not a publicity stunt or anything like that. The United Stated said the were going to FREE the people of Iraq from the rule of Sadam Hussein and his regime. If you people would watch the news or listen to the white house press conferences' or even read the news paper about what is going on in Iraq, you would know that a lot of things that happen in Iraq are fueled by rumor. So not to have false rumors floating around they showed the people of Iraq the proof they wanted. You guys need to remember that is a totally different world than what us “westerners” know.

Once again the military took and released those pictures to the people of Iraq so they could see that the US did kill the brothers so they do NOT need to life in fear much longer because the Husseins are NOT in power anymore. After all that is the reason we went there in the first place to free them of the Hussein regime. That is what we are doing.

No one ever said war was fair or nice or anything else. Are you guys forgetting we are still "AT WAR"??? Just because Bush said the "major fighting" was over DOESNOT mean the war is over!!!! Untill we catch/capture/kill sadam WE ARE STILL AT WAR!!!!

read this msnbc

U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said he ordered the release of the pictures — despite questions about its morality and accusations of hypocrisy — to help convince frightened Iraqis that Saddam’s reign was truly over.

Businessman Khalil Ali said photographs meant nothing.
    “They should have been hung up on poles in a square in Baghdad so all Iraqis could see them,” he said. “Then they should have died as people ate them alive.”

And the americans are the barbarians because we took pictures?

[quote author=trickster link=board=14;threadid=7421;start=30#msg68376 date=1059080239]
    I'm gonna retire from this thread. I think those pictures are barbaric. I understand that the only reason to show this should be to discourage the guerillas in Iraq. However, it is still shocking. After all, we do not want pictures of our dead soldiers shown.
    One of my best friends is fighting in Baghdad (1st Armored Division.) God bless him, I hope he makes it back ok. But if he dies violently, I would not like to see his mutilated body.
    [/quote]
    Boblucci is 100% correct.

First the world doesn't believe that the US really got Saddam's sons and thought it was just US propaganda. They demanded proof of it. The only proof that the US had were the dead bodies of the brothers so they released the photos to the people of Iraq and the media displayed them everywhere. Their only goal was to prove to the people of Iraq that the brothers are no more.

It doesn't matter anymore what the US does, everyone is going to criticize us anyway.

I am still waiting for somebody to say "Hey US thanks for the billions of dollars you are giving to fight AIDS in Africa."

i am sure theres is nothing better than a bunch of "bobbies" : :P

but that is true, america will always get criticized, yet people still come flocking in here like bats out of hell because they realize the country is great. why else do we always have people in these countries flocking to our soldiers waving flags and welcoming us to help them. the only people who criticize america and hate our ways are the people who dont know any better. its like the southpark episode i just quoted.

Plus, I would say that the negative sentiment will usually get the most exposure from the media etc. No big ratings with the citizens from another country sitting around talking about how much that the love the U.S.

[quote author=cloverm link=board=14;threadid=7421;start=0#msg68335 date=1059005583]
    This article gives a lot of details about the events that led to the well deserved death of the son of a bitches.
    [/quote]

dear god... that sounds like a violation of the LJR user agreement!

oh wait, u own the place so u can do whatever u want :

anyway, i for one can't wait till i see pictures like that of George W. Bush and the rest of his administration.

Mentor

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=14;threadid=7421;start=#msg68430 date=1059220779]
    [quote author=cloverm link=board=14;threadid=7421;start=0#msg68335 date=1059005583]
    This article gives a lot of details about the events that led to the well deserved death of the son of a bitches.
    [/quote]

dear god... that sounds like a violation of the LJR user agreement!

oh wait, u own the place so u can do whatever u want :

anyway, i for one can't wait till i see pictures like that of George W. Bush and the rest of his administration.
    [/quote]

I wonder how my post violates the LJR user agreement. Your post however, is clearly trolling ...

You agree, through your use of Linux Junior, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.
    if your statement wasn't hateful, i don't know what is

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=14;threadid=7421;start=30#msg68430 date=1059220779]
    i for one can't wait till i see pictures like that of George W. Bush and the rest of his administration.
    [/quote]

Do you mean the "just-shot" style pictures?? I don't like Bush, or his administration, but this is human life we are talking about. I like seeing pictures of him in awkward predicaments (the segway thing for one), but I don't hate him enough to want him dead.

Mentor

[quote author=Ralinx link=board=14;threadid=7421;start=#msg68435 date=1059231880]
    You agree, through your use of Linux Junior, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.
    if your statement wasn't hateful, i don't know what is
    [/quote]

I just typed up my answer to that, but you know what, I decided not to post it. I will not get into a pissing contest with you. If you came back just to troll, please leave now.