Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Saddams Sons Killed
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddams Sons Killed

Saddams Sons Killed

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...ons/index.html

200 Men is an aweful lot for 4 guys.

Mentor

Re:Saddams Sons Killed

That is certainly a reason to celebrate.
    But what do you mean by 200 men and 4 guys?

and Qusay's 14 year old son was also killed... good work guys, I hope you are proud of yourselves. Sure his sons were horrible men, but the kid didn't do anything..

I hope you all feel a bit safer, I'm shocked.. I doubt that kind of force was really needed, you had them surrounded for crying out load. +200 guys against 4

Mentor

Uday, 39, and Qusay, 37 were among four people killed during the battle
    It means 4 people were killed, not necessary only 4 people fighting.
    one of the other two bodies appeared to be that of a teenage boy. U.S. officials noted that Qusay has a teenage son.
    To me this does not mean that his 14 year old son was killed.

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=7421;start=#msg68288 date=1058904397]
    good work guys, I hope you are proud of yourselves.
    [/quote]
    Who exactly are you addressing here?

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=14;threadid=7421;start=#msg68288 date=1058904397]I doubt that kind of force was really needed
    [/quote]
    I didn't know you were a military strategist ...

Lovechild, we wanted that kind of firepower so if any Arab Resistance moved in place, we could take that on too.

Basically, we just wanted to make sure we were able to accomplish the mission. And if you ask me, what difference does it make if 10 guys are up against 4 instead of 200 up against 4? If you ask me, the 4 guys are still going to get killed - its just theres a helluva lot more bullets flying around with 200 guys, therefore, you're more likely to hit them.

And about his 14 year old son - sure, that was horrible - but like all wars, theres going to be civilian casualties. That's something you cannot stop. And if you ask me, that 14 year old kid probably would be just as dangerous as his father because of the great influence. I mean, look at Saddam. His uncle gave him a gun and Saddam murdered his first person at 9 years old...

Edit: Oh, and I heard on the radio, a TOW missile was used to destroy the house. TOW Missiles are HEAVY Anti-Tank Weapons.

My 2 cents:

I am happy there is one less source of danger (of course, the degree of danger they offered is open to discussion.)

However, I could never feel happy because of lives lost, no matter whose life it was. I understand that death is not a reason for rejoice, less so a violent one. I find it barbaric, more worthy of the people we call enemies than of us.

It may be my naiveté, but I would think that they had a chance to surrender. Today and back when all of this started.
    As for the fourteen year old, "my" thought is that he was fighting right next to ole dad. Unfortunate, but necessary.

[quote author=garskoci link=board=14;threadid=7421;start=0#msg68294 date=1058911372]
    It may be my naiveté, but I would think that they had a chance to surrender. Today and back when all of this started.
    As for the fourteen year old, "my" thought is that he was fighting right next to ole dad. Unfortunate, but necessary.
    [/quote]
    As mentioned before, the teenager might or not be Saddam's son.
    Even if he was, if he tried to surrender, do you think the other people with him would have allowed him to? He probably would have been killed if he tried to surrender.

If it was necessary, by the same logic we can deduce that, if the goverment thinks that there is a terrorist group in the area where you or your mom or your wife lives, planning to destroy a city, they would be right to throw a nuke on it and kill everyone in your neighborhood. Sure, your loved ones die, but it was necesary to destroy the terrorists... :

That is Machiavellian logic, and it is very dangerous because it is a double-edged weapon. If you apply it to something you have to apply it to everything.

"As mentioned before, the teenager might or not be Saddam's son.
    Even if he was, if he tried to surrender, do you think the other people with him would have allowed him to? He probably would have been killed if he tried to surrender."

Yep. The company that one keeps.

"If it was necessary, by the same logic we can deduce that, if the goverment thinks that there is a terrorist group in the area where you or your mom or your wife lives, planning to destroy a city, they would be right to throw a nuke on it and kill everyone in your neighborhood. Sure, your loved ones die, but it was necesary to destroy the terrorists... "

That's a pretty far leap. House to neighborhood. Conventional to nuclear. OK.

[quote author=garskoci link=board=14;threadid=7421;start=0#msg68297 date=1058913948]
    That's a pretty far leap. House to neighborhood. Conventional to nuclear. OK.
    [/quote]
    To use an idea on something, and then ask for that idea not to be applied to someone else's arguments, is called a double standard. Is a logical fallacy, an error of judgement.