Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

IE and apache

Thread: IE and apache

IE and apache

I have a couple of php programs installed under apache and they all expose the following behavior: (all require login to the programs)
    When logging in to those programs from netscape everything works fine
    When connected from IE (5.5SP2, 6SP1) the following happens:
    - I provide username, then I provide password, then nothing happens, I'm still presented with the blank login window.

I tried clearing up cookies, history, temp files, adding this site to the Zone in IE with lowest security settings...noting helps.

But when I restart apache it looks like it starts working (for a while)

Any ideas why this could be happening?

Re:IE and apache

I can't see it being anything on apaches side since it treates all browsers the same as long as the programmer doesn't explicitly tell it to do otherwise.

Is the IE browser set to take cookies? Check to look at cookies right after you try to see if you were authenticated.

Re:IE and apache

IE is set to 'Override Default Cookies Handling' and set to accpet ALL cookies (including tird-party.