Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

running giFT

Thread: running giFT

running giFT

*** ERROR: Your setup is incomplete ***

You will need to run giFT-setup and be sure that you read absolutely
    every configuration option (no, really). If you are unable to complete
    giFT-setup, you may optionally copy the contents of the etc/ directory
    with the distribution to /home/abhijeet/.giFT/.

even after completing the setup i get this message. What am i doing wrong? oh btw i'm a Linux newbie.

If you are still having problems you should consult the QUICKSTART guide
    available from the standard giFT distribution.

Re:running giFT

hello,
    what happens when you run gift-setup?

Check this thread.

And this one

oops! didnt read the first question of the setup sorry for you time, and thank you for answering the question.

Another thing. when i try to install apollon; during the make process it gives me this error.

".deps/giftconnection.Tpo" \
    -c -o giftconnection.o `test -f 'giftconnection.cpp' || echo './'`giftconnection.cpp; \
    then mv ".deps/giftconnection.Tpo" ".deps/giftconnection.Po"; \
    else rm -f ".deps/giftconnection.Tpo"; exit 1; \
    fi
    giftconnection.cpp: In member function `void giFTConnection::makeAttachRequest()':
    giftconnection.cpp:164: `PACKAGE' undeclared (first use this function)
    giftconnection.cpp:164: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
    giftconnection.cpp:166: `VERSION' undeclared (first use this function)
    make[2]: *** [giftconnection.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/abhijeet/Documents/apollon-0.8/apollon'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/abhijeet/Documents/apollon-0.8'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

i have no idea what it mean i tried to look everywhere.

hello,
    sry for thre late reply - i can't find anything called appallon - well nothing related to gift...

its apollon...its a client that run on giFT.

I'll have to say that while I haven't used the client that you're refering to you really should check out the clients listed in this thread:

http://gnomesupport.org/forums/viewt...highlight=gift

The giftToxic client is really pretty but it was also pretty unstable (to the point of unusable) when I used it last. Now the giFTcurs is a really good client and I recommend it highty. giFTcurs is a really, really cool looking client and I'v have really good luck with it. The trick to getting the clients to work is to get the giFT protocol to work first and that requires running gift-setup first. It looks like you've done that part already so you should be set. If you follow the directions at the link I posted above you should be d/l'ing in no time.

Hope that helps!

thanks Scott!!

thanks you for the help

when installing the fasttrack plugin i get this error during the make process:

/bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I/usr/local/include -g -Wall -I../../src -g -Wall -c -o fst_crypt.lo `test -f fst_crypt.c || echo './'`fst_crypt.c
    gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I/usr/local/include -g -Wall -I../../src -g -Wall -c fst_crypt.c -MT fst_crypt.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/fst_crypt.TPlo -fPIC -DPIC -o fst_crypt.lo
    /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -Wall -o libfst_crypt.la -L/usr/local/lib -lgift ../../src/libFastTrack.la enc_type_1.lo enc_type_2.lo enc_type_20.lo fst_crypt.lo
    libtool: link: cannot find the library `../../src/libFastTrack.la'
    make[1]: *** [libfst_crypt.la] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/abhijeet/Documents/giFT-0.11.1/lib/giFT-FastTrack-0.8.2/src/crypt'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1