Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How do you say .... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you say ....

Re:How do you say ....

[quote author=10Dedfish link=board=17;threadid=7390;start=0#msg68090 date=1058377727]
    No, its actally Nik -two. If your a really old school movie buff, you will remember this as the line that the robot says when it comes out of the space ship in "The Day the Earth Stood Still."
    [/quote]

It's also from another movie! Can anyone guess it?

Army of Darkness?

Linux: after I hear a real finn pronounce this, Li-nux
    (btw, Linus is a poser, he speaks swedish natively - no big beautiful words for him)
    SQL: S. Q. L.
    GNU: Guh-new
    OSI: O.S.I., osy
    fsck: f.s.c.k (or just FUCK when I'm angry at my hardware)
    init: init
    GNOME: *DROOOL* gnome
    KDE: *YUKK* K.D.E.

[quote author=trickster link=board=17;threadid=7390;start=0#msg68098 date=1058385242]
    Army of Darkness?
    [/quote]

Yes!!

[quote author=Ashcrow link=board=17;threadid=7390;start=0#msg68044 date=1058307156]
    Ok, it's been a while since the last one so it's time for another edition of "How do you say?" ....

Linux: Len-ucks, Len-icks, Line-icks
    [/quote]
    Len-ucks

SQL: S. Q. L., Sea-quill
    S - Q - L

GNU: Guh-new, G.N.U.
    Guh-new

OSI: O.S.I., osy
    O - S - I. Does anyone actually say "osy"?

fsck: fff sss kkk, fisk, fuck
    F - S - Check

init: in it, eyenit
    in it

GNOME: Guh-nome, knowm
    guh-nome

KDE: K.D.E. Kadie
    K - D - E

Mentor

How do you pronounce:

VARCHAR
    PROCMAIL
    ???

[quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=7390;start=0#msg68103 date=1058390564]
    [/quote]

Yep, it's Li-nux. At least all the finns say Li-nux.

We don't have problems like that because we pronounce everything exactly the way it's written. :P

[quote author=NGene link=board=17;threadid=7390;start=0#msg68179 date=1058609643]
    [quote author=Lovechild link=board=17;threadid=7390;start=0#msg68103 date=1058390564]
    [/quote]

Yep, it's Li-nux. At least all the finns say Li-nux.

We don't have problems like that because we pronounce everything exactly the way it's written. :P
    [/quote]

I really need to take finnish lessons - I wanna try this spell as I speak technic...

http://www.linux-aid.org/linux.wav

but in the movie revolution os he loses the accent and pretty much says it like lynnucks, thats pretty much how you can break it down. the name lynn and then ucks

[quote author=burntash link=board=17;threadid=7390;start=0#msg68188 date=1058632770]
    thats pretty much how you can break it down. the name lynn and then ucks
    [/quote]

Yep, that's how it goes. We finns pronounce lin the same way as you pronounce lynn, so we automatically pronounce "linux" pretty much like you'd pronounce "lynnucks"...

It's because we pronounce the letter i as "i", not as "ai" or "ie" or something...

um... yeah... /Genie gets a headache