Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Need Power Supply

Thread: Need Power Supply

Need Power Supply

I'm looking to get a quiet cheap power supply unit for a friend. She say her current one may be going bad because it's making loud noise.

Has anybody used this model, DynaPower DP-30X.H909 , it's a 300w for AMD & Pentiums?

Any suggestions?

Thnx.

Re:Need Power Supply

I never used that model before, nor have I heard of it.

However, if she has a comp thats 1.5+GHz, I recommend a 350 or a 400 watt. I had two 300s die in my comp running at 1.5GHz, 2 CD ROMs, 2 HDDs, NIC, Radeon 9000....the 400 cured everything. I believe I got it for around 30 US $

Go for high wattage and high amptage.

There are several good brands on the market, but the main thing to look out for is not just the wattage but the amptage it's able to provide - generally higher is better.

going purely for high wattage is the main mistake people make when buying PSUs. Silent Systems makes exellent PSUs, as does Ermax (not sure about the spelling)

Thnx for the input....now I have more info to decide which way to go!

I decided on getting his PSU from www.newegg.com and it looks like a pretty decent one!

http://www.workspower.com/w365cn4.htm

Thnx for the help.

Mentor

I have an enermax 350W and its fantastic. Absolutely dead silent. Wasn't that cheap, nor too expensive, but it is a very good one.
    CP