Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
How to deal with an .iso

Thread: How to deal with an .iso

How to deal with an .iso

This old, half blind dog needs to learn a new trick, and I've struggled for three days and now plead for help.

As you might have seen in the "A burning Issue" thread I had hardware problems with my burner. I got a new one and yes, that did solve the problem.

I was able to burn to CD (and have verified the MD5SUM) the .iso I needed. Actually I burned it three times, once with cli cdrecord, then with gToaster, then with xcdroast.

What I ended up with all three times was a 399.6 MB .iso file, which won't autoboot, and yes, I I've checked the bios and that is set right

I need to know WHAT to do wtih this .iso to make it be the appication program I "thought" I dowloaded.

Re:How to deal with an .iso

hi ken,
    sorry i did not reply earlier... was playing and working.

anyway - use xcdroast and it gives you the option to look at the layout of the disk before burning - are you able to see the files that should be there?

Thanks for the reply, Paul, but.......

I tried all of the options I could find and read tracks only wrote an .img file back to the HD, which when I tried to open got nowhere, then wrote it back to CD and it was yet another .iso

Can you guide my old fingers to the eggzact place in xcdroast to break the .iso open to look at or copy the actual files?

Or perhaps where the option might be located?

I've now got 6 copies of that darn .iso but what I need are the files within it....

Ken

i will post some screen shots tonight after work - it may be kinda late by then though...

Thanks, Paul

I'm kind of a kind of late guy anyway, and this project is driving me over the edge....

Greatly appreciated.

If they don't have general interest (and I doubt they would) send to pantheus@suespammers.org

after xcdroast is all set up do this:
    select the track to layout

add it

then hit the write tracks tab and close to the bottom hit the write button. You may need to change the write mode to Track at once instead of Disk at once as you see to the right.

if this does not work i would guess the ISO has some options that are not valid... If you can loop mount it I would take the contents out of that and make you own disk - also an be done w/ xcdroast - in that option use the master button on the left.

hth - it was a very long day at work ...