Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Good cd ripper?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good cd ripper?

Hybrid View

Good cd ripper?

I was having problems compiling grip, so I am looking for an alternative. It needs to be able to download information about the cd. That is all. Any suggestions would be appreciated
    I have looked in the favorite software PET, but I couldn't get anything there to compile for me...

Re:Good cd ripper?

hello,
    i use grip or ripperX - you should not need to compile either one.

Thanks
    I was also having a problem with playing an audio cd. I started KsCD, and it told me I did not have permissions to /dev/hdc.. Which is odd, because I am pretty sure that I do..
    here is my line in /etc/fstab:

/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto
    noauto,user,umask=002,ro,gid=100 0

not sure exactly why it is like that...

but here is the results of ls -l /dec/hdc and ls -l /dev/cdrom
    stuart@localhost:/dev$ ls -l hdc
    brw-rw---- 1 root disk 22, 0 Jun 9 2002 hdc
    stuart@localhost:/dev$ ls -l cdrom
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 Jul 2 12:20 cdrom -> /dev/hdc

huh - unless you are a member of the group disk you don't have permision - what happens when you type groups in a terminal?

stuart@localhost:~$ groups
    users

Also, ripperX complains that cdparanoia needs to be set suid root. I will try it.

i know i use ripperX as root... i should fix that one of these days

There. That worked for ripperX. whee!

Sound-juicer, mmmm..

Doesn't konqueror come with built-in CD ripping capabilities? Anybody tried that?