Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Corrupted Trash Icon

Thread: Corrupted Trash Icon

Corrupted Trash Icon

Hi guys,

I am using Dropline Gnome (2.6), and I am very please on it (After using KDE forever, I guess I am amazed by the "one tool for each task" policy in Dropline.)
    Anyway, I found a weird thing. When I erase anything, it goes to my trash can, and if I right-click on it, it allows me to "Empty the Trashcan". however, if I double-click on it, to see what's inside, it says that there is no action associated with that icon. Has anyone encountered this before?

Re:Corrupted Trash Icon

Try this: open up gconf-editor ( "gconf-editor" in a terminal if it's not in the menus) and navigate to apps->nautilus->desktop and check the value of trash_icon_visible. Make sure it's checked.

Also, what happens when you open up nautilus and type "trash:" into the location bar?

It shows as visible in the gconf-editor.

Opening it from nautilues, it works fine...

You know I'm really not sure. I can tell you that you may find better help over at the Dropline forums though.

They have been down all weekend...

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

you could also try the forums over at http://www.gnomedesktop.org/ ...some people over there that are pretty handy with Gnome.