Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

WMD and The Easter Bunny - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WMD and The Easter Bunny

Re:WMD and The Easter Bunny

[quote author=Coral Sea link=board=14;threadid=7356;start=30#msg68040 date=1058292884]
    [quote author=trickster link=board=14;threadid=7356;start=30#msg68035 date=1058276964]
    I don't remember any of these arguments ever convincing anyone who thinks differently.

Why do we keep beating a dead horse?
    [/quote]

For me, the point of this debate is not to change anybody's mind, nor is it meant to be U.S.-bashing, Iraq-bashing, or any other kind of bashing (well, I'll admit to a bit of Bush-bashing).

I think it's healthy to exchange ideas and perspectives. I know that I benefit when others who have different perspectives and values share them with me. At the very least, it helps me better understand why I believe what I do. And, many times it adds more substance to and broadens my views.

Wars are necessary sometimes and I'll be the first to admit that. But, in democracies, the citizens should carefully scrutinize the rationale for going to war or not going to war and not blindly accept the propoganda of their leadership. That's what this debate is about. In the end, Bush and Blair might be right when they say that they will be vindicated when the WMD are found. Until then, though, we should all keep asking the right questions.
    [/quote]

(MY PERSONAL OPINION)

I understand, and as I said, that is just my opinion. We have had this type of discussion escalate into ugly things; you are welcome to browse the Off-Topic Forum's old threads. You will find more than one. Because some of this threads, we have had people get mad at each other, and some leave. Since the objective of this forum is to help people with linux, not make them mad, and since these topics have been chewed up and spit out many times, I just don't see the point.

On this thread, there has already been name calling, and the tension is stirring. I see the same story over and over again.

As I said earlier, I am not censoring anyone. You guys are welcome to discuss the subject. Just play nice. Or use the Off-Topic forum.

Again, if the point of this, for you, is to see different perspectives, I invite you to look at the Off-Topic forum and some older threads on this one. You will see different views on many of this topics and other ones not yet brought up.

Okay. I will post the topic in the Off-topic forum under moral issues in case anyone wants to add perspectives there. It would be a shame to see folks leave LNJ because of name-calling and the like.

[quote author=Ashcrow link=board=14;threadid=7356;start=30#msg68342 date=1059013392]
    http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
    [/quote]

http://www.linuxjunior.org/yabb2/ind...y;threadid=137

When you try the Google trick, click on the bomb hyperlink and you'll see what I mean about Dr. Strangelove.