Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WMD and The Easter Bunny

Re:WMD and The Easter Bunny

[quote author=burntash link=board=14;threadid=7356;start=0#msg67971 date=1058158072]
    according to the movie Bowling for Columbine, we(usa) are the most violent, because other courntys have a hundred or less homocides a year while america has over 11,000. and we all listen to the same music watch the same tv have the same history with wars and stuff but no one can find out what makes the usa so different. like i said before, i saw that movie and was ashamed.
    [/quote]

Acually the conclusion had to be that the average american is scared and that the government profits from this. Do you really need guns to feel safe, do you really need war to feel safe, do you really need an out of control defence budget to feel safe?

But I loved the movie as well, but it was seriously flawed at certain times, it was however interesting to see fearmongering presented as the primary reason for the downfall of american society. I had really thought about it before.

You gotta love the scene where he walks into the canadian houses "just to check his theory that nobody locks their doors up there" - I know this is true for most smaller towns in the US as well, but I was completely stunned that people didn't tell him to buzz off, they were all like... Ok, have fun.

I cant believe that your basing your views on the "downfall" of American society on a movie. You may as well say that the out of control defense budget was due to the average increase in the "number of gay cowboys eating pudding movies at Cannes." Christ, come on.

10ded

[quote author=10Dedfish link=board=14;threadid=7356;start=0#msg67977 date=1058199924]
    I cant believe that your basing your views on the "downfall" of American society on a movie. You may as well say that the out of control defense budget was due to the average increase in the "number of gay cowboys eating pudding movies at Cannes." Christ, come on.

10ded
    [/quote]

I didn't, and if you read the post - I also say that while I enjoyed the movie I found it to be flawed (but interesting).

Satan... get over it !

Ok, so if I disagree with you im automatically the antichrist. Interesting concept, but in order to keep my postings genial I will refrain from retorting. At this time.
    :P

While each side does bring out interesting points, this sort of thing usually degenerates into stupidity brought out by differing points of view. I must also bring to the fore an old addage that said somethink like "arguing over the internet is like...." you can finish it on your own.

Mountainman's recommendation:
    [glow=red,2,300]Lock this topic and be done with it[/glow]

[quote author=ASCI_Blue link=board=14;threadid=7356;start=0#msg67890 date=1058032261]
    just cause I have 80 rounds of .357 sig ammo in my car trunk doesn't mean I carry a gun with me everywhere I go.
    [/quote]
    I thought I was the only one. But I prefer .40 S&W. and usually have around 250 rounds with me.

[quote author=10Dedfish link=board=14;threadid=7356;start=0#msg67979 date=1058204426]
    Ok, so if I disagree with you im automatically the antichrist. Interesting concept, but in order to keep my postings genial I will refrain from retorting. At this time.
    :P
    [/quote]

You referred to Christ in your post... only returning the favor.

Darwin! Who cares!

[quote author=M0u|/|ta1|/|Ma|/| link=board=14;threadid=7356;start=0#msg67980 date=1058204930]
    While each side does bring out interesting points, ...
    [/quote]

MM, you're right about debates sometimes generating (or degenerating) into pointless mud-slinging. But, I can't think of a more important time in history when people need to think about what's going on in the world and contemplate whether the path that some nations have chosen is the road to nirvana or the freeway to perdition. So, let's keep debating...

And to further the debate, go to http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/...International/ and note the comment, "At a time when our own political leadership [Canada's] seemed incapable of articulating a clear position, and U.S. President George W. Bush spouted off unconvincing moral platitudes, Britain's Prime Minister stood out as a voice of reason. When he spoke, we listened."

It will be interesting to see whether Blair was duped by his intelligence agencies and support staff or whether he was the duper.