Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

WMD and The Easter Bunny - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WMD and The Easter Bunny

Re:WMD and The Easter Bunny

[quote author=ASCI_Blue link=board=14;threadid=7356;start=0#msg67890 date=1058032261]
    just cause I have 80 rounds of .357 sig ammo in my car trunk doesn't mean I carry a gun with me everywhere I go.
    [/quote]

I think the important question is why do you feel the need to keep ammo in your trunk?

Ok, during the time of us giving support to Osama Bin laden, it was the time of the cold war. And in the cold war, the US hated the USSR. And the USSR was invading afghanistan. So, of course we were going to support Osama bin Laden - we both had common enemies.

As for saddam, and his people to over through him and it not being our job - those people under Saddams rule couldnt think for themselves, and sure as hell didn't have enough guts to overrule him.

But they DID have WMDs. They DID give us a few before they invaded. and if we backed off right then, they then would of reproduced them.

Perhaps you're not familiar that the Iraqis wouldnt let some of the UN weapon inspectors in certain buildings. So, heck no, Iraq by no means was a highly inspected country.

Where do you live Lovechild? Most european countries can easily get Nuclear weapons by the backing of NATO.

Iraq has been for the last 12 years the most inspected country in the world, regardless of the fact that the first round of inspections where no allowed to enter Saddams many homes, the second round was.. The same inspections that the american government resisted mind you.

look at the statistics, the inspections destroyed more weapons that the wars ever did.

What they turned over was piping which could be used for enriching uranium, yet no such materiales was ever found. on top of that the US has yet to provide the proof they claimed they had before the war started, WMD was the whole reason for the war, and the alliance has yet to proof that.

As for Osama, what gives you the right to sponsor terrorism, your government gave Osama and his boys 2 billion dollars, and that's the amount they admitted to.. on top of that +300 million dollars was given it "aid" to the taliban, what this aid covered is yet to be reveiled.

I live in Denmark, we have no nuke here, nor any nuclear powerplants. The population is generally 100% against any sort of involvement, so getting any on Danish soil will be political suicide..... luckily.

That has to be enough troll feeding for one night.

lol,

Well obviously the Danish weren't involved in the Cold War.
    The USSR was threatening to invade Western Europe, and they had quite a few arms build ups against the US. ANd then what really pissed the US off (and what could of ended up being the end of the world as we know it) was the Cuban Missile Crisis - when the USSR moved Nuclear ICBMs to cuba, only 80 approx miles off of our coast. So of course, when the USSR was trying to invade the afghans, we supported ever faction and government in the area to fight back - because of a common enemy. I'm sure your country would have done the same if you were in the same situation.

As for Saddam, its not the fact that anything was ever found, it was the fact that he had the potential. As soon as he gave up everything, and if we decided to leave, he would of put his nuclear program right back at work. See, when you're pressured by the superpowers of the world with 250k troops on your front door all fully decked out, you tend to act differently.

As for the Bush Administration and the Brits confessing, I'm quite pissed off for that too. I'm not sure if it was lack of intel or if it was just pure lies, but I too am pissed. But, reviewing this war, I believe there were more pros than cons.

i wonder if they will include this war in Bowling For Columbine 2? *sings* i see skys of blueeee... =P

[quote author=Bobby link=board=14;threadid=7356;start=0#msg67913 date=1058067457]
    lol,

As for the Bush Administration and the Brits confessing, I'm quite pissed off for that too. I'm not sure if it was lack of intel or if it was just pure lies, but I too am pissed. But, reviewing this war, I believe there were more pros than cons.
    [/quote]

As I said before, we can debate whether it was a good idea or not for the U.S. and its "coalition of the willing" to invade Iraq to overthrow Saddam. But, I don't think there are very many people who would say that it was okay for the U.S and U.K. governments to deliberately mislead their own people and the world to justify the invasion. That's where history will probably judge Bush and Blair with the contempt that they deserve. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Saddam. But, if Bush and Blair can invent an excuse to invade Iraq, what other excuses will they come up with when they decide that they don't like some other governments? I can see it now, Bush and Blair declaring that Canada is a terrorist country trying to export mad cow disease.... Are those nuclear missles I see headed our way...?

lol Coral

Actually looking back, I think Bush was extremely pissed at Saddam since he tried to assassinate his father (Senior Bush) after the first Gulf War. Then Bush probably used nuclear weapons as an excuse - cause whos gonna care really about an assassination attempt 12 years ago?

How much have we spent on war since 9-11? It is in the hundreds of billions of dollars. And what has it gotten us, really? Bin Ladden is still free and his people are more fired up than ever. Saddam, it seems, is still alive and free.

Meanwhile, the economy here in the US is going down the drain and our civil liberties are evaporating and most the of dumb-ass sheep citizens don't seem to care or even be aware of what is going on.

I think history will look back on these times very poorly. When the cold war ended, we (all of us human beings), had a chance to remake the world and to make it a better place. And just think what could have been done with the money spent on bombing Iraq had it gone to building schools and hospitals and water treatment plants and medicine.

How much smarts does it really take to understand that you can't make people like you buy holding a gun to their head? Especially when you move into their house to do it.

[quote author=cga link=board=14;threadid=7356;start=0#msg67933 date=1058107115]
    I think history will look back on these times very poorly. When the cold war ended, we (all of us human beings), had a chance to remake the world and to make it a better place. And just think what could have been done with the money spent on bombing Iraq had it gone to building schools and hospitals and water treatment plants and medicine.

How much smarts does it really take to understand that you can't make people like you buy holding a gun to their head? Especially when you move into their house to do it.
    [/quote]

I mean no offence to my American friends and neighbours, but I believe it is disconcerting to most of the world when the U.S. exercises its obvious military might and superiority, spending billions of dollars in the process (currently $4 billion per month in Iraq), when other methods might be far more effective and less costly.

Naomi Klein, a Canadian journalist writing for a newspaper in the U.K. (The Guardian), has commented that the reason the U.S. resorts to violence is that its people are conditioned to respond that way because of the "survival of the fittest" attitude in American society. The U.S., according to Klein, is the most violent society on Earth. I don't know if that's true, but some of my American friends have agreed with that view.

I couldn't agree more that history will look back at the post-cold war period with disdain. A great opportunity was missed because traditional fears, greed, and prejudices prevailed.

The scary part is that Osama and Saddam are hiding in the weeds somewhere plotting God knows what. Let's just hope that whatever it is, civilization survives.

according to the movie Bowling for Columbine, we(usa) are the most violent, because other courntys have a hundred or less homocides a year while america has over 11,000. and we all listen to the same music watch the same tv have the same history with wars and stuff but no one can find out what makes the usa so different. like i said before, i saw that movie and was ashamed.