Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Writing audio CDs from MP3s

Thread: Writing audio CDs from MP3s

Writing audio CDs from MP3s

I'm really stuggling with decoding MP3 files for writing to CD.
    The problem I've having is that when written to CD they play at double speed!

My MP3s are encoded at 56k so as an experiment I tried encoding some at 128k and the decoding and burning them, and they worked fine.

Does anyone know why that could be?

Thanks,

Dizzy

Re:Writing audio CDs from MP3s

Most likely whatever you are using to burn the audio CD wants true CD quality, 128kpbs. Just keep re-encoding your MP3s, or convert them to wav files with XMMS.

hello,
    i convert my ogg or mp3 files to wav with xmms and then burn them like Kernel_Killer said , it works quite well.

oh yea - i do this by settting the xmms outout pluggin to diskwritter.

I started burning with cdrecord, and I've tried decoding with notlame with various commands. I've tried re-encoding the mp3s at 128 and the decoding them to wav (I know I won't get full 128 quality) and most recently I've tried using E-Roaster, which uses xmms to decode and still the same thing.

One possibility is that my cd-writer is very old and using cdrecord I have to use '-raw16'. Might this be part of the problem?

Thanks,

Dizzy

OK I've cracked it!

When decoding from mp3 the wavs were encoded at 22050 whatevers and cdrecord expects 44100. Decoding using "mpg123 --rate 44100" works fine.

Dizzy