Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

What the controllers think we want

Thread: What the controllers think we want

Mentor

What the controllers think we want

http://www.hyperorg.com/blogger/mtarchive/003089.html

I don't think you want to hear this but some people think they can tell us what we want, how we want it and how much we are willing to pay for it.

Please read the article.

Bob

Vote early, vote often, and vote with your wallet too. I think the most important thing we can do is refuse to support companies that use brain-killing technology (like DRM.)

Mentor
    Slightly used soapboxes for sale, pm kungfuramone9 at linuxfoo.

My not shopping at wally-mart for over 8 years hasn't hurt them a bit, but damn do I feel good. Same for CCity, bustbuy and most of the other bIGsTORE chains. My money at the non chain-store mom/pop places does make a difference to mom and pop.

Open-Source is about FREE as in FREEDOM, live it!

:cow:

I am against DRM, that's another reason that I like linux. I hate the idea of the software patenting to emerge, because that sucks dogs balls. And I hate how you have to pay to use codecs like MPEG2!!! I just wanted to burn a dvd!!!
    My Website:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Website Uptime:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+

Mentor

Not open at all

Sunday on /. an article on HDTV cards, get them now or you will never get one.

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/04/09/26...tid=129&tid=17

DRMDRMDRMDRMDRMDRMDRMDRM, etc.

Sucks to be american. We have had HDTV in Australia ever since '99, and there has been nothing to suggest that they are culling the pc hdtv cards here. Our government does not believe in DRM! Also, I just might add that the PAL format of Australia kicks serious arse!
    My Website:

My Website Uptime:

My Server Specs: AMD Athlon X2 3800+, 2gb DDR2 RAM, 1.5TB HDD, Ubuntu 9.10
    My Gaming PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93ghz, 4gb DDR2 RAM, 9800GTX+