Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

no modem in Redhat Linux 8?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: no modem in Redhat Linux 8??

Re:no modem in Redhat Linux 8??

Try this:

from inside X (KDE,Gnome, whatever), open a terminal and type su -c kedit. That should open the text editor as root. It will ask you for your root's password.

No it did not work. I knew it was'nt going to work. I will post my output.

[dsanta@localhost dsanta]$ su -c kedit
    Password:
    bash: line 1: kedit: command not found
    [dsanta@localhost dsanta]$

At this point, the only think i can think of is to either try using vi from the command line, or download pico from the link in my previous post.

Or, if you email me the Makefile, I can edit it for you.

Or try to run joe from the command line.

How do you want me to e-mail you the makefile?? After you edit the makefile, How do i set it up back in Redhat?? What is your e-mail?? Please reply back. Thanks.

My email is psychen6@yahoo.com .

You should be able to open your email, and then click attach, and brwse for the file, wherever it is. After i edit it, you should be able to save it from your email, move the original to Makefile.old, and then move the one i send you inside the src/ptserial folder.

Let me know if you email it, because i don't check my email often.

I'm sending you the whole file. I currently have a dual boot. My drivers are on CD so i had to copy and paste from the CD to the hard drive. It's still sending it and it's not done.

That won't work.. The Makefile gets updated when you do the ./configure, and the ./configure is specific for your system. You have to send me the Makefile after you run the ./configure....etc.

If you want you could delete the one i sent you.

Try this:
    Download the rpm file for pctel from here

Then, do the following:

1. Open a terminal window.
    2. Type su. Then your password when prompted. This will make you root.
    3. change to the directory where you downloaded the .rpm file.
    4.Type rpm -ivh pctel-0.9.6-pct789_LqD_rh8.i386.rpm.
    5. To test it, type insmod -f pctel and then insmod -f ptserial.
    6. You should have your drivers loaded now, and your modem should be accessible through /dev/modem.
    7.To make the drivers load automatically at bootup, type the following, still as root:

echo "insmod -f pctel" >> /etc/rc.local
    echo "insmod -f ptserial" >> /etc/rc.local

Do i burn it to CD after it's done downloading?? Please reply back.